Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

best place to sell

• 18-08-2015 8:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 316 ✭✭

Hi, I'm in the process of selling my bike, I haven't sold a bike in 20 years as I normally trade in and buy something else, but I'm after cash for this particular bike, my question is... where is the best place to advertise, do any shops buy bikes for cash, just trying to get an idea of what my options are, thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 861 ✭✭✭session savage

I reckon done deal is your best bet. I'm refreshing the done deal page every 2 minutes at the moment. What you selling?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

BikeBuyerGuide, Donedeal, Adverts....are your best best. Also stick it up on facebook.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,306 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Donedeal is all I ever look at these days

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭hiujn

There is another free ad site but i cant post links yet so i,ll break it up w w w . s e l l m 8 . c o m just take out those spaces

• Closed Accounts Posts: 316 ✭✭thelawman

Thanks for the suggestions I have it on done deal now,

• Advertisement

In fairness the last two bikes I sold were from Adverts not Donedeal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭KTR1C

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    In fairness the last two bikes I sold were from Adverts not Donedeal.

Swap for my ads ??

KTR1C wrote: »
    Swap for my ads ??

Never got that, I find stick up a decent no BS ad and it keeps the weirdos away

• Closed Accounts Posts: 316 ✭✭thelawman

I reckon done deal is your best bet. I'm refreshing the done deal page every 2 minutes at the moment. What you selling?

A Speed Triple, I'll do ya a good deal ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,453 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    Never got that, I find stick up a decent no BS ad and it keeps the weirdos away

Reminds my of when I was advertising some parts for a car last year.

I was giving them away for nothing and they were like new,cost about €200 and were in perfect working order.

All you had to do was pick them up from my house and take them away for free.
    One person that was interested got a bit snotty when I wouldn't drop the parts to them, and in the end says to me "Ah Forget it So!!"

• Advertisement
Advertisement