Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ADHD experience

Options
  • 18-08-2015 10:56pm

I was diagnosed with ADHD when I was 16 after a long spate of fluctuating school grades and mitching classes and other troublemaking.

My issues have been a bit clouded because I managed to hide my ADHD behind some more pressing issues, and because I did alright in school and university by pretty much locking myself to the desk. I managed to get a masters degree from a good uni, and now I have a good job which I love. But things are getting on top of me right now in work, where I can't rely on one great performance every couple of months. For the first time in my life, I have to be consistently good & focused & well behaved, and it isn't easy.

I'm 28 years old. Has anyone else tried medication this late?

I'm not asking for medical advice here, because I already have a diagnosis and I've already gone down the CBT avenue. I'm just looking for others' ADHD experiences, particularly treatment in adulthood, if you want to share it.

Thanks
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭JuliusCaesar

This might be more suited to Long Term Illness, rather than Psychology (which is more of a theoretical forum). Or maybe personal issues?

Advertisement