Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AOC I2369VM VS. ASUS VE247H Monitors

Options
  • 18-08-2015 11:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭

I'm having a hard time picking out one or the two monitors, which one should I get? I will use this primarily for gaming.

Both are same size, and both cost the same.

The AOC has a 6ms delay, which is more than the 2ms of the Asus. I don't know if it's going to be noticeable, maybe. The AOC has an IPS screen, never had one, so I don't know. Don't really know much about monitors, what would you pick?

http://versus.com/en/asus-ve247h-vs-aoc-i2369vm

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,093 ✭✭✭Occono

aquse wrote: »
    I'm having a hard time picking out one or the two monitors, which one should I get? I will use this primarily for gaming.

Both are same size, and both cost the same.

The AOC has a 6ms delay, which is more than the 2ms of the Asus. I don't know if it's going to be noticeable, maybe. The AOC has an IPS screen, never had one, so I don't know. Don't really know much about monitors, what would you pick?

http://versus.com/en/asus-ve247h-vs-aoc-i2369vm

Asus VX239H.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭Xenoronin

To explain the choice above a bit more.
    IPS = slower response time, high viewing angles (angle at which you can view the screen without discolouration) and good colour accuracy. Primary use is for video editing, photography, everyday business usage.
    TFT = faster response time, poor viewing angles and decent colour accuracy. Primary use is for gaming and everyday usage, the fast response times lead to less screen tearing in fast moving games and you being able to see the enemy that millisecond sooner. They can also be found cheaper as the technology is very established.

I'm using an IPS screen at home myself. I'm probably upgrading to a gaming monitor in the near future simply because I need v-sync on in every game or the poor screen throws a fit. There is a great site called tft-central that i've only begun to use. Amazing resource for monitor explanations and reviews.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭aquse

Ordered it, thanks!

Advertisement