Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Yet Another New Build Thread (€1200 Budget)

Options
  • 19-08-2015 12:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭

Hi All,
    I'm currently building my next PC. I built a rig back around this time in 2013 based on a 4770k and 32gb ram. Recently I became the victim of a burglary at home and that PC along with multiple other laptops and expensive electronic items got stolen. I have about ~1200 euro to spend on parts for a new rig which will be built around a 5820k CPU which I already picked up in the U.S. for $299. I realise that narrows my options in hardware a bit. My previous case was a silver Antec p180 which I loved the minimalistic look of, so I'm thinking of going for the Antec p380 this time round but I'm definitely open to other suggestions as long as they don't look anything like them "gamer" cases that look like some sort of space craft gone horribly wrong. I'm not looking for a monitor either since I intend replacing my current one with 2 or 3 UHD ones in near future. My main uses for the system include running multiple OS's in VMware concurrently, it will be used for developing software using many different languages in different Integrated Development Environments (IDE's). I also want to be able to run new Games at reasonable settings.

Thanks for all the help

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

That's X99 isn't it? Internet's taking the piss I can't check

€250 for the board
    €350 for a GTX 970
    32gb RAM €200
    2tb HDD €90
    120gb SSD €60
    Case €200?
    500w PSU €60
    Think that's €1210

Pulled some of the numbers from my arse so it may not be so high.

Any questions ask away. Do you need 32gb RAM?

• Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭clearz

Yes x99 so it's gonna have to be a 2011.v3 motherboard and DDR 4. I would like 32 gb but 16 gb might do since it's easy to add more later on.
    I had 256 gb Samsung 840 pro before and found it just a bit small to hold all my need applications. I was thinking about the 500 gb Samsung 850 evo which is about the same price as I payed for the pro for double the size.
    Also I always look at what I can get for 100 euro with hard drives as it seems to be the price at which you get the most gb per buck, which is about 3gn last time I checked.

Advertisement