Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Asus DSL-AC68U

• 19-08-2015 1:38am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,742 ✭✭✭

Hi

Does anyone have this router and if so would you be able to walk me through setting it up to work with Sky Fibre?

I've looked online and tried following some guides but can't make sense of most of it and stuff that they're describing doesn't appear to be available / visible to me.

I've got as far as using Wire Shark to obtain my sky DSL user name and password. I've plugged in the Asus router, and started the "Quick Internet Setup" process. But then I'm stumped. It asks for country and ISP and the only options under Ireland are Eircom eFibre or Vodafone. There's also nowhere I can see to input the Sky DSL details.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,169 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Use eircom. You just substitute your own credentials.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,742 ✭✭✭Branoic

ED E wrote: »
    Use eircom. You just substitute your own credentials.

I tried that, didn't work and was never asked to put in any credentials.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,169 ✭✭✭✭ED E

You need to avoid the "Quick Setup" part so and do it all manually.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,742 ✭✭✭Branoic

ED E wrote: »
    You need to avoid the "Quick Setup" part so and do it all manually.

Would you know where I can go, if anywhere, to find a guide to do this with the right settings to use etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 32 codod

Did anyone every get their own Router Modem such as Asus DSL-AC68U to work with Sky Fiber in Ireland. I am currently using the Asus router as a bridge but would prefer to program the Sky broadband settings into the modem and just have one device. It was not problem with Eir but contract was up so changed to sky. Any ideas would be appreciated. thanks

• Advertisement
Advertisement