Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HEAR ORIENTATION IN NUI GALWAY

• 19-08-2015 4:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 15

Hey All,
    I don't really know if this is the right place to post this but I'm going to the HEAR orientation thing starting on Sunday.If anyone thats been before could tell me roughly what happens and what to bring that would be great!
    I'm very anxious about it so anything like that would help loads
    thanks a bunch

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,240 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Don't be anxious.

Anyone from boards that went to the HEAR orientations in previous years had a great time. If they haven't told you to specifically bring something, then you don't need anything but yourself, but sure no harm bring a notebook and pen anyway to write things down.

Enjoy your college experience. Some of the best friends you will ever have will be meeting you on Sunday.

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭irishlad12345

on the letter it just said to bring a tenner and a rucksack.im anxious about it myself but it should be good craic :)

• Registered Users Posts: 21 A.B123

Well lads I'm going to this orientation on Sunday myself. Not looking forward to it at all. Im very shy meeting new people! :O

the few nights in the apartments should make making friends much easier.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 yikes

exactly the same.but most people are in the same boat so thats what im telling myself anyway

• Advertisement

yikes wrote: »
    exactly the same.but most people are in the same boat so thats what im telling myself anyway
    The group's are are divided alphabeticalmy by surname. I'll be in the first group at 12.30.

im in the first group aswell have to get a train dead early just to arrive on time :(

im in the first group aswell have to get a train dead early just to arrive on time :(

Where u travelling from?

offaly (middle of nowhere ). do you to travel far?

offaly (middle of nowhere ). do you to travel far?
    From carlow but the Wicklow border side so it's a long long trip ha! What course u doing? :)

• Advertisement

i thought i had it bad ! haha arts and you

i thought i had it bad ! haha arts and you

Ah ill be staying over the sat night anyways ! Business information systems.

im in the second group.Have to leave kildare by 11 hungover proably to get there for 1.30

what course are you doing yikes ? :P

im in the second group.Have to leave kildare by 11 hungover proably to get there for 1.30

Ah sure have a few cans on the way up #cure

might do the old smuggling in vodka in capri suns trick as well.pretty disappointed when i saw the no alcohol rule to be honest

what course are you doing yikes ? :P
    Arts with Human Rights.really excited for it though i heard the essays for the human righst bit can be a bitch

Same lad a few beverages would of been very nice. The college bar would be nice to visit

guess i'll have to wait til freshers week

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,956 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

They are pretty much all in that boat, my first days in NUIG were like being in a night club where everyone was loved up on friendly happy pills. Everyone wanted to talk, there was handshaking and hugging and everyone was incredibly friendly and forthcoming with invites to parties and nights out. The trick is to find the people who've travelled and stay away from the small groups from local schools who were strangely introverted to the point of it seeming that knowing people in advance was a bit of a handicap to experiencing the full social excitement.
    Envious of ye all now! Hope all of you have a great time. :)

• Advertisement

They are pretty much all in that boat, my first days in NUIG were like being in a night club where everyone was loved up on friendly happy pills. Everyone wanted to talk, there was handshaking and hugging and everyone was incredibly friendly and forthcoming with invites to parties and nights out. The trick is to find the people who've travelled and stay away from the small groups from local schools who were strangely introverted to the point of it seeming that knowing people in advance was a bit of a handicap to experiencing the full social excitement.
    Envious of ye all now! Hope all of you have a great time. :)

Thanks.Yeah I only know one girl going from the gaeltacht so hopefully ill find lots of people in the same boat.

we should sneak down to the bar when the leaders arent looking ;) anoe i guess we will just have to be patient lads :(

we should sneak down to the bar when the leaders arent looking ;) anoe i guess we will just have to be patient lads :(

as much as I love my alcohol i think that risking losing HEAR would stop me from ever doing that.I want my book grant/student assistant fund too much.

Anyone what time we are allowed back to our rooms at in the evening?

pretty sure around 5ish but then i heard about there being stuff in the evenings like movies.it says that we have to keep our phones in rooms from 9-5 so im just going from that

Yeah I seen that. Quar unnecessary having to leave phones in rooms. They'd hardly check your pockets anyways

nah im not leaving mine in my room

looking forward to it now :) ill see yee there :P

Have yee got accomodation sorted yet lads

• Advertisement

nope on the corrib waiting list so hpefully i will get a room there and if not im ****ed and yerself?

Advertisement