Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sky On Demand Not Working

• 19-08-2015 12:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Hey Guys,

Sky's been wrecking my head for the last few weeks so hoping someone here can help me as Sky and UPC are useless.

I recently switched out my UPC router as it was continuously cutting out. The new router (Cisco EPC3925) is much better but now I can't get my Sky On Demand to connect to it. I've netered in all the details correctly but the signal keeps on failing.

I've asked Sky and they've blamed UPC - I then ask UPC and they blame Sky.

Does anyone have any idea what can be done to make this work? Do I need to enable a port or do something so the signal works?

I've connected the TV, my phone and my Xbox all fine it is just the Sky on Demand that isn't working. It was working fine beforehand though so have no idea what to do next
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,905 ✭✭✭steveon

You haven't said how you have connected your sky box to your broadband connection but personally I've had countless problems with Sky wireless dongles and no matter what I did they broke my heart between cutting out, working not working, not connecting, only solution was to run a cat5 or network cable from router to sky box.

This is much more reliable and faster to download of course...where is your router in comparison to where your sky box is?

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Redcax

Hey Steveon,

Yeah sorry my bad.

I've tried connecting through the Ethernet and through the lil wireless box that is connect to the Sky Box.

It was working fine beforehand which is the annoying thing.

I've called UPC to ask technical questions but they wont help at all.

When you say connect the Cat5/network cable - the ethernet would act as the same -right?

Its well within reach so can be wired no problem

Redcax wrote: »
    Hey Steveon,

Yeah sorry my bad.

I've tried connecting through the Ethernet and through the lil wireless box that is connect to the Sky Box.

It was working fine beforehand which is the annoying thing.

I've called UPC to ask technical questions but they wont help at all.

When you say connect the Cat5/network cable - the ethernet would act as the same -right?

Its well within reach so can be wired no problem

Yes Ethernet port is for a network cable.....have you tried reset the network connections on the sky box think you press red from top of my head once in the network connection screen to do so....then connect a cable or once reset unplug box a few mins connect a network cable reboot and should connect...

Yeah have reset it a few times and tired connecting through Wifi and the WPS button.

I tired ethernet last night and no joy at all which should connect automatically really. My mistake might have been not turning everything off before pluggin in the ethernet so gonna give that a try when I get home.

I honestly think the issue is with the router but can't figure the fecker out.

Thanks for help mate ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 734 ✭✭✭Tarabuses

Have you tried contacting UPC Reps on the UPC board:

http://www.boards.ie/ttforum/1546

I have found them much better at solving broadband issues than the overseas support people.

• Advertisement

Hey Tara,

Nope but will give that a try now thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭yesap

Any update on this, I have the exact same issue.

Thanks

yesap wrote: »
    Any update on this, I have the exact same issue.

Thanks

Was in a friends house yesterday and same issue on demand would not connect wirelessly with a dongle...ran a network cable directly from box to router working perfectly...

Personally I have nothing but problems with Sky wireless on demand dongles so I doubt its an issue that is upcs fault, rather with the dongle they don't seem to like passwords using wpa2 encryption from what I can see...

I have been connecting wirelessly for the last year no problem, upc sent me out a new router a couple of weeks ago epc 3925, exact same router but this one connects and then drops a couple of minutes after. If I reboot the router it will connect again for another couple minutes.

The sky wireless had been working without issue and only change is replacement router from UPC. Thinking this one must have a different setting programmed into it that sky doesn't like maybe??

yesap wrote: »
    I have been connecting wirelessly for the last year no problem, upc sent me out a new router a couple of weeks ago epc 3925, exact same router but this one connects and then drops a couple of minutes after. If I reboot the router it will connect again for another couple minutes.

The sky wireless had been working without issue and only change is replacement router from UPC. Thinking this one must have a different setting programmed into it that sky doesn't like maybe??

I have connected customers of mine using the wireless dongles as I said and they work for two days then disconnect then work then disconnect, then wont connect only solution was to run a cable...how far away is your router from your sky box? can you run a temporary cat5 cable across the floor just to test it..

• Advertisement

Another issue to check is what channel is your upc router broadcasting at?

If its ch1 which a lot when shipped are already on and providing poor coverage....then move it to ch11 or ch7 which work better..

I should have added, router and sky box in same room. No problem connecting and full signal strength. When I get knocked off after the couple of minutes I still have full strength and connection on TV/sky. The first 3 pieces in the network settings change to

Connection to router: fail
    Connection to on-demand: fail
    IP address of sky box: 0.0.0.0

Other piece is fine i.e.
    Dchp: on
    Network name: my network
    Signal strength: full bar
    Security type: wpa etc

Something is knocking it off, had no issues a couple of weeks ago with old router, channel is fine on 11.

Thanks a mil

Advertisement