Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

On booting from the W 7 disc I get Msg “No drives found” load driver.

• 19-08-2015 2:36pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 686 ✭✭✭

While reinstalling W 7 on my laptop, on booting from the W 7 disc I get Msg “No drives found” load driver. My error was that I mistakenly deleted the drives during the initial install point.
    I attch screen shots of the loop I'm in as it requests drivers that it doesn't detect from the W 7 disc and I'm unsure what my next move is. Help!!

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,380 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Hmm. Sounds like you need to download the Sata drivers for your laptop onto a USB stick, and load them when requested.

Didn't think you had to do that with Windows 7 mind, but perhaps you do with older install disks.

You'll find the driver on the website of your laptop manufacturer. Of course, you'll need access to a working computer to do this...

EDIT: For example, here's a website detailing it for a dell machine. Use that as a reference guide.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,749 ✭✭✭degsie

You probably need to download the sata/ide driver for your laptop from the manufacturer onto a usb drive and install them from there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,749 ✭✭✭degsie

Another possible solution...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 686 ✭✭✭mrtom

degsie wrote: »
    You probably need to download the sata/ide driver for your laptop from the manufacturer onto a usb drive and install them from there.

Thank you, am begining to calm down now. I had downloaded all drivers prior to reinstall, the screen shot shows the list of available MSI drivers for W7 64 bit. Is the Sata driver in there, under a another folder title?

The laptop is MSI CX640
    http://www.msi.com/support/nb/CX640.html#down-driver&Win7%2064

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,380 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

mrtom wrote: »
    Thank you, am begining to calm down now. I had downloaded all drivers prior to reinstall, the screen shot shows the list of available MSI drivers for W7 64 bit. Is the Sata driver in there, under a another folder title?

The laptop is MSI CX640
    http://www.msi.com/support/nb/CX640.html#down-driver&Win7%2064

It's probably either the Intel Chipset driver, or the Intel rapid storage driver. Extract them into separate folders on the USB, and then try it again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 686 ✭✭✭mrtom

degsie wrote: »
    Another possible solution...

I Went the command prompt "diskpart" thu the repair option on the disc. So it now detects the HD as one partition and the install is in progress.

The back story; "someone" installed Ubuntu as a dual boot and this caused errors when upgrading to W 10. As I dont know how to delete that, I relied on reinstall / delete Ubuntu and then ......wtf
    thanks all for quick clear and effective solutions!

Advertisement