Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Buying consumables...where?

• 19-08-2015 2:43pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭

Where do ye buy things like oil, filters, brake fluid, pads etc etc ?

Normally use local bike shop but thinking of cheaper options online..where's best??

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,031 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

Halfords do good sales fairly often for getting oil.
    Surprisingly I've found the price from main dealers not that far from spurious with the benefit of being OEM and close by, this is for service items.

Used to look on UK sites for upgrading but £ vs € killed that and I've got my current bike where I like it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭goodlad

I find a lot of local shops these days are very competitive to online.
    Just ask them for a discount when buying a load of bits from them. If they wont knock a few quid off then just go elsewhere.

I know motoecycleshop.ie do service kits for bikes thats not a bad price.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭Wossack

morrisonbhp.net or motorcycleshop.ie fer me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

I dont have any allegiance to any particular place, if anywhere has what I want at the best price (with decent customer service) I will get my stuff there. I have paid more for items in a different place because customer service was piss poor in places.

The least you should get is a smile when someone is taking your money ffs!

I have never ordered parts online, I like to get the stuff there and then and pay when its what I wanted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,572 ✭✭✭Skill Magill

Use the local bike shop for me, I reckon its cheaper in the long run, you build up a trust and they know if the part is a wrong un, they'll replace it. Wouldn't fancy doing that on-line.
    That said, motor factors are great too, your standard oil filter comes in at about a fiver, if you ask for one off a mazda 525 :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭Mesrine65

Order all my parts on eBay.de, never had an issue in 10+ years & have saved my self a small fortune.

For the bike I have there is a proliferation of new OEM parts available via Germany at a fraction of the cost & no import duty.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭Zipppy

Use the local bike shop for me, I reckon its cheaper in the long run, you build up a trust and they know if the part is a wrong un, they'll replace it. Wouldn't fancy doing that on-line.
    That said, motor factors are great too, your standard oil filter comes in at about a fiver, if you ask for one off a mazda 525 :)

Actually can local Motor Factors get bike oil filters?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,572 ✭✭✭Skill Magill

Zipppy wrote: »
    Actually can local Motor Factors get bike oil filters?

Doubt it, you'd have to marry up the bikes oil filter to a cars, in order for them to know what you're on about.

Advertisement