Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UCD Connect log in

Options
  • 19-08-2015 3:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 40

I am an incoming first year student to UCD and I was able to log in to SISWeb using my CAO number as my username. However, when I try to access my UCD email, it asks me to log in again but the same details don't work?

I'm really confused and any help would be really appreciated.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭The_N4sir

Same situation for me but according to the UCD registration pack, UCD email accounts will be activated three working days after new students accept their CAO offers (tomorrow for most)

• Registered Users Posts: 40 emerjane08

Okay great, thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 14 AlannahMaria

We now all have ucd connect usernames on our sisweb but I tried to log into the connect email and it was authenticated but then led to me to a page where it said invalid email .. Is anyone the same?

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭15MrC

We now all have ucd connect usernames on our sisweb but I tried to log into the connect email and it was authenticated but then led to me to a page where it said invalid email .. Is anyone the same?

Same here.

15MrC wrote: »
    Same here.

I wonder why it's saying that! I emailed ucd there but I don't think their email helpline is open yet

• Advertisement

I wonder why it's saying that! I emailed ucd there but I don't think their email helpline is open yet

I'd say they're still adding the emails on the system, so I'd wait a bit and see.

15MrC wrote: »
    I'd say they're still adding the emails on the system, so I'd wait a bit and see.

I'm glad it not the only one this was happening too

I'm glad it not the only one this was happening too

Yeah :). Since it's a Google Apps email address, you should be able to log in through mail.google.com, and when you type in your ucdconnect.ie address it says that address doesn't exist, so UCD probably just haven't created some of them yet.

Yeah mine says invalid too.. Also it says my password isn't synchronised with ucd connect.. How do I change that?

emerjane08 wrote: »
    Yeah mine says invalid too.. Also it says my password isn't synchronised with ucd connect.. How do I change that?

Click change password on the sisweb where the thing to synchronise with ucd connect ism. I did it and it still won't make the ucd connect work if you're wondering

• Advertisement

emerjane08 wrote: »

Yeah, I've got that too.

They might activate after registration, because I can't imagine UCD would give non-registered students a UCD email address.

Click change password on the sis were thing to synchronise with ucd connect. I did it and it still won't make the ucd connect work if you're wondering

I changed the password but it still says it isn't synchronised

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭Doctorhopeful

Is anyone else still having the problem when you try to login to the ucd connect email and it says the login failed/details are incorrect?

Is anyone else still having the problem when you try to login to the ucd connect email and it says the login failed/details are incorrect?

It's working for me now.

15MrC wrote:
    It's working for me now.
    i wonder when it will work for me :(

i wonder when it will work for me :(

Give it a few hours maybe :)

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Thar_Cian

UCD Connect email accounts don't work with Inbox. Grrr.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Ekstar

Same thing happened to me yesterday, even after I registered. However I tried again today and it alowed me to log in and I was able to use my UCD email and the blackboard app.The username is you CAO number and the password is your DOB in the format dd/mm/yy. Give it a day.

Been registered for a day now, still can't log in, says my details are wrong :confused:

• Advertisement

Been registered for a day now, still can't log in, says my details are wrong :confused:

Have you entered your ucd username and password in the form 140796 if not call ucd IT services tomorrow! It might not be activated yet

• Registered Users Posts: 12 carrie1884

I'm the same! Been registered since Thursday morning, and it's still saying login has failed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,530 ✭✭✭gaiscioch

Any chance they could give us a proper email address, like one with our name in it? My UCD email begins with a letter, followed by two digits, followed by two more letters, and then three digits@ucdconnect.ie. I have tried in vain to get rid of this seemingly meaningless address and get them to send my mail to a real address. Alas it appears they only send the receipt to that alternative address and only via a phonecall do I become aware that I was sent important info to the connect address.

I don't know why they can't have a simple firstnamesecondname@ucdconnect.ie (or even, for clarity, @ucdstudent.ie) for students, and firstnamesecondname@ucd.ie for staff.

It would be nice to have a decent UCD email address, but as it stands I just followed these instructions and forwarded all UCDConnect post (including the waffle email spam from various "must be seen to be doing something" UCD fonctionnaires, which I've been trying to avoid) to my real email address.

PS: I hope the library internet is better than the last time I was there. Ineffably awful beyond words for years and years. Every day it was the most egregiously and painfully astounding disconnect (pun unintended) between a university's management and the needs of the university's students.

/rant over!

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Thar_Cian

• Registered Users Posts: 1,530 ✭✭✭gaiscioch

Thar_Cian wrote: »

Interesting. They must have changed it, but left me with my old one. Will look into that.

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭AlfaJack

gaiscioch wrote: »
    Any chance they could give us a proper email address, like one with our name in it? My UCD email begins with a letter, followed by two digits, followed by two more letters, and then three digits@ucdconnect.ie. I have tried in vain to get rid of this seemingly meaningless address and get them to send my mail to a real address. Alas it appears they only send the receipt to that alternative address and only via a phonecall do I become aware that I was sent important info to the connect address.

I don't know why they can't have a simple firstnamesecondname@ucdconnect.ie (or even, for clarity, @ucdstudent.ie) for students, and firstnamesecondname@ucd.ie for staff.

It would be nice to have a decent UCD email address, but as it stands I just followed these instructions and forwarded all UCDConnect post (including the waffle email spam from various "must be seen to be doing something" UCD fonctionnaires, which I've been trying to avoid) to my real email address.

PS: I hope the library internet is better than the last time I was there. Ineffably awful beyond words for years and years. Every day it was the most egregiously and painfully astounding disconnect (pun unintended) between a university's management and the needs of the university's students.

/rant over!

That's wierd because my UCD email is firstname.lastname@ucdconnect. ie...

• Registered Users Posts: 934 ✭✭✭OneOfThem Stumbled

/rant over!

Afaik everyone has two email addresses. Even if one of your addresses is a random string, the other should be your name. Caveat though: if other people before you have had your name (so to speak) there will be a number at the end.

like joe.bloggs.5@ucdconnect.ie

both email "addresses" point to the same account (meaning that you can twice sign up to... wait... I may have said too much).

And the main library was built in the 1960s right? That's the main limiting factor in terms of the internet (there's only so much they can retrofit).

• Registered Users Posts: 3 leavingschool1

Im still having this problem. Ive guessed its because i changed my password immediately when i logged in the first time (like they recommended) and it still has not synced with google. Really frustrating, going to call them tomorrow if it doesnt sort itself out...

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Ekstar

Im still having this problem. Ive guessed its because i changed my password immediately when i logged in the first time (like they recommended) and it still has not synced with google. Really frustrating, going to call them tomorrow if it doesnt sort itself out...

You might already know this and think Im Captain Obvious but when youre typing in your password are you using the last two numbers in your year of birth ie. 1997, you use 97
    You probably have done this but just to make sure. Sometimes it comes up with an error code for me, try change the way you access Sis web, like typing it into google differently or use a different browser, all just suggestions! Good luck

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭SirLemonhead

/rant over!

You likely have an old style connect login username in the form of s01bf123 or something like that... they're pre 2009/10 I thiiink? Anyone with an account from then has s01bf123@ucdconnect.ie AND a firstname.lastname@ucdconnect.ie

There's very much a meaning to the usernames I believe.. the first letter is to do with what course/school you're associated with, the first pair of digits is the year you started, bf for Belfield campus (can be br or something for Blackrock..) and then the final digits are just unique to differentiate from other people in the same areas as you.

They'll tend to reuse old account usernames but maybe if you ask they can change this for you. You should still have the firstname.lastname@ucdconnect.ie address, though.

Advertisement