Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Does anyone know what this weed is?

Options
  • 19-08-2015 3:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭

I got a new allotment and this week is driving me nuts.
    I am constantly digging it out of one corner of the plot. i have even covered it over with black weed protection and woodchip, it will still burst through.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭LurkerNo1

nicnac wrote: »
    I got a new allotment and this week is driving me nuts.
    I am constantly digging it out of one corner of the plot. i have even covered it over with black weed protection and woodchip, it will still burst through.

Rosebay Willowherb

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭nicnac

Thank You!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭looksee

And that RBWH has gone to seed, so there will already be seeds sown for next year.

looksee wrote: »
    And that RBWH has gone to seed, so there will already be seeds sown for next year.

This picture was taken on the side of the road. I recognised the leaves from the seedlings I have been pulling up all summer on the allotment

• Closed Accounts Posts: 338 ✭✭Fluffy Cat 88

Willowherb is awful stuff. "Basta" weedkiller works though. Use a strimmer to cut the stems and spray it on. Wait 2 weeks, then re-spray. That'll get rid of it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Well I have to say this thread was dissapointing. I entered with great expectations. Clickbait really.

J Mysterio wrote: »
    Well I have to say this thread was dissapointing. I entered with great expectations. Clickbait really.

What did ye expect? A picture of a grow tent and a garda car?:)

I am reluctant to use any sort of weed killer as I have strawberry plants in the same raised bed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭Merrion

You might have to pull it out manually so - it comes out quite easy (in my garden anyway) and the bees love it so more strawberries?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 338 ✭✭Fluffy Cat 88

nicnac wrote: »
    What did ye expect? A picture of a grow tent and a garda car?:)

I am reluctant to use any sort of weed killer as I have strawberry plants in the same raised bed.

That's understandable. We used it to kill willowherb on the site we built our house on. But as another poster said - its quite easy to pull up.

Advertisement