Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hobbies!

• 19-08-2015 4:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi,
    I'm looking for suggestions for hobbies for a 17y/o girl in rural Co. Wexford. She has no interest in sports or exercise really but is very interested in issues of social justice, dogs and pets in general, aviation (plane spotting and the like), and is quite creative. Would love to hear your thoughts on resources and groups in Wexford, and your experiences with keeping busy!
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,471 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

caterwang wrote: »
    Hi,
    I'm looking for suggestions for hobbies for a 17y/o girl in rural Co. Wexford. She has no interest in sports or exercise really but is very interested in issues of social justice, dogs and pets in general, aviation (plane spotting and the like), and is quite creative. Would love to hear your thoughts on resources and groups in Wexford, and your experiences with keeping busy!

Well, your question probably answers itself. If your daughter likes aviation, and if you can afford it, flying lessons!

If that's a bit too expensive, what about model aircraft

http://www.wexfordmodelflyingclub.com/index.html

If she's really into animal welfare, she could volunteer to walk dogs at the local rescue centre, or if she's really interested, maybe volunteer at the wexford wildfowl reserve
    http://www.wexfordwildfowlreserve.ie/

if she's especially dedicated to animals, volunteering at any equestrian centre will give her a chance to care for horses and develop contacts and experience caring for large animals.....

• Registered Users Posts: 19 littlebean

Animal rescues are always looking for volunteers to help walk dogs and care for animals etc. I'm not sure what rescues are in Wexford but I'd imagine they would be glad of any help!

Advertisement