Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do i need to pay import duty??

• 19-08-2015 4:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 39

Hi, i recently bought a drone on ebay from a guy in spain. When i received it he was after having it shipped from china directly to me. I now have a letter saying i need to pay import duties. Now i understand if i bought it from china that i would have to pay it thats why i purchased it from spain to avoid this... Am i liable for the import duty because it came from china or should i look at it on the basis that i bought it from spain so shouldn't have to pay it?

Can anyone advise on this please.
    Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39 thedave1989

I already have the drone about 6 weeks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

Not sure, but you could forward the ebay page to customs telling them you were unaware, and at the same time report the seller in ebay. Ask for a refund of the duty fee.

Allyall wrote: »
    Not sure, but you could forward the ebay page to customs telling them you were unaware, and at the same time report the seller in ebay. Ask for a refund of the duty fee.

Cheers for the help. Might juat pay it then forwars receipt ti them and see what happens

Allyall wrote: »

Cheers for the help. Might juat pay it then forwars receipt ti them and see what happens

Advertisement