Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"Junkie City"

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭crazyman

From WLR website:

"Gardai in Waterford City are investigating an incident between two rival groups in the City Centre. Between eight and ten people were involved in the altercation and damage was caused to a car, a camper van and a house. It happened in the Anne Street/Thomas Street areas of the City shortly after 2.00pm.Weapons are believed to have been used during the course of the incident."

Can anyone shed some light on what happened?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭reni10

According to reports on FB it was a brawl between 2 groups of Irish Travellers.

Allegedly 1 group live in a house on Anne St and it was attacked.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,384 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

crazyman wrote: »
    From WLR website:

"Gardai in Waterford City are investigating an incident between two rival groups in the City Centre. Between eight and ten people were involved in the altercation and damage was caused to a car, a camper van and a house. It happened in the Anne Street/Thomas Street areas of the City shortly after 2.00pm.Weapons are believed to have been used during the course of the incident."

Can anyone shed some light on what happened?
    reni10 wrote: »
    According to reports on FB it was a brawl between 2 groups of Irish Travellers.

Allegedly 1 group live in a house on Anne St and it was attacked.

any videos?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭TheQuietFella

I think we need a few death squads much like they have in Brazil and Argentina. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,172 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Yesterday was an altercation between a traveller, who brought the trouble to his doorstep and the big group who did the damage to his house, camper van and car were the Freewheelers.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭wellboytoo

Waterford is a hole with little or no advertising of attractions outside the city or means of transport to any particular destination outside of the city. The emphasis appears to be on keeping the tourist in the city without seeing the rest of the county. What bus will bring you to Mt. Congreve or Bunmahon for example? City is filthy and is a poor reflection on us all. More beggars than tourists at this stage.

As for that FB page, their photography does more harm than good!

Just to prove you're talking out your arse
    http://www.irishtimes.com/news/environment/litter-levels-in-dublin-city-centre-rising-survey-finds-1.2334206?utm_source=morning_digest&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=news_digest

wellboytoo wrote: »

In fairness the majority of what he said was mostly true and if you disagree with his points why be so abrupt with saying stuff like "you're talking out of your arse", why not just say I disagree with your point?

In fairness the majority of what he said was mostly true and if you disagree with his points why be so abrupt with saying stuff like "you're talking out of your arse", why not just say I disagree with your point?

Because his post was deliberately offensive and meant to rile to the point of trolling if you must ask,I also bolďed the part I vehemently disagreed with and I'm an irascible crank as well . I normally don't explain myself to perfect strangers but just this once I will make an exception for you!

��

wellboytoo wrote: »
    Because his post was deliberately offensive and meant to rile to the point of trolling if you must ask,I also bolďed the part I vehemently disagreed with and I'm an irascible crank as well . I normally don't explain myself to perfect strangers but just this once I will make an exception for you!

��

I'm an offensive troll now? The curse of democracy!

• Advertisement

What has this to do with anything? Waterford is still a hole!

You said the City is filthy. IBAL an independent body who arbitrate on these matters say your wrong. That's what it has to do with it .

What has this to do with anything? Waterford is still a hole!

hmm id say syria is a hole at the moment or maybe theres a few new holes there. waterford is fine, in fact it has some fantastic countryside. town doesnt look half bad either

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    hmm id say syria is a hole at the moment or maybe theres a few new holes there. waterford is fine, in fact it has some fantastic countryside. town doesnt look half bad either

It doesn't look half bad from a distance!

I'll prove it to ye all later so! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 483 ✭✭ejabrod

Waterford city is a hole, was when I lived there and still is now.

ejabrod wrote: »
    Waterford city is a hole, was when I lived there and still is now.

An honest ex-Waterfordian troll!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭obezyana

If all these immigrants reach our shores we might just be renamed the New Islamic Republic of Syria.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭Boskowski

They're refugees. And they're unlikely to ever arrive at our shores.

Boskowski wrote: »
    They're refugees. And they're unlikely to ever arrive at our shores.

You think so? Well then how come Ireland has already agreed to take some so therefore it will reach our shores and if you think Ireland will escape what is currently going on then I think you may be in some way naive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 232 ✭✭JenniFurr

It makes me laugh the amount of Irish people who seem to dislike/hate immigration. I doubt there's one among us who hasn't had at least one relative leave Ireland to find work but when it's our turn to accept people we act like we should somehow be immune.

I know Ireland's not doing so well at the moment and some immigrants aren't upstanding citizens but a lot who try to come to this country are coming from a far worse situation and deserve some kindness and respect. There's enough xenophobia already, there's no need to bred more.

JenniFurr wrote: »
    It makes me laugh the amount of Irish people who seem to dislike/hate immigration. I doubt there's one among us who hasn't had at least one relative leave Ireland to find work but when it's our turn to accept people we act like we should somehow be immune.

I know Ireland's not doing so well at the moment and some immigrants aren't upstanding citizens but a lot who try to come to this country are coming from a far worse situation and deserve some kindness and respect. There's enough xenophobia already, there's no need to bred more.

thats fair enough but europe just isn't gonna put the money forward to properly deal with this problem. this is gonna be a complete disaster. morally its right for us to open our doors to these people but i dont think we re gonna deal with it very well. i do think many of these people are gonna be ticking time bombs to as anybody would be coming from where theyre coming from. again a large amount of money and resources is required to properly deal with these kind of problems, and that aint gonna happen. worrying times ahead for europe regarding this issue

• Advertisement

I most certainly dont dislike immigration it has its benefits but it needs to be controlled and we need to sort our own people first, but the issue that is annoying some people here is the way the immigrants/refugees )or whatever the pc word of the day) is coming in seem to get preferential treatment over our citizens. How is it fair if our government is ready to take in hundreds of people and house them give them money but yet and still we have Irish people living on the streets Irish people who are being promised housing but have to wait years go get it. Tell me how is that fair?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 232 ✭✭JenniFurr

thats fair enough but europe just isn't gonna put the money forward to properly deal with this problem. this is gonna be a complete disaster. morally its right for us to open our doors to these people but i dont think we re gonna deal with it very well. i do think many of these people are gonna be ticking time bombs to as anybody would be coming from where theyre coming from. again a large amount of money and resources is required to properly deal with these kind of problems, and that aint gonna happen. worrying times ahead for europe regarding this issue
    obezyana wrote: »
    I most certainly dont dislike immigration it has its benefits but it needs to be controlled and we need to sort our own people first, but the issue that is annoying some people here is the way the immigrants/refugees )or whatever the pc word of the day) is coming in seem to get preferential treatment over our citizens. How is it fair if our government is ready to take in hundreds of people and house them give them money but yet and still we have Irish people living on the streets Irish people who are being promised housing but have to wait years go get it. Tell me how is that fair?

I'm not saying it won't become a disaster. I can't see the future. All I wanted was to remind people that these immigrants aren't some sort of plague, just people worse off than us. If you dislike how it might be handled that's fair enough but don't blame migrants, blame the government(s). We don't have to like the situation but I hate this them vs us mentality.

I'm not saying it won't become a disaster. I can't see the future. All I wanted was to remind people that these immigrants aren't some sort of plague, just people worse off than us. If you dislike how it might be handled that's fair enough but don't blame migrants, blame the government(s). We don't have to like the situation but I hate this them vs us mentality.

Maybe your generalising with the bold bit but if not I must add that I never blamed them nor did I say anything regarding us v them. I do blame the government and to be fair I did mention that in one of my posts. We are obliged to take in some immigrants and I have no issue with that but we must remember our own people first.

we must remember our own people first

you can understand why hungary are doing what theyre doing

you can understand why hungary are doing what theyre doing

Absolutely. Unfortunately it is sad to see it happening but happening it is nonetheless and our government must take a stance and not be bullied by the likes of Germany into taking in an amount that is not sustainable either economically or socially. The housing crisis is a serious issue in Ireland and it needs sorting and taking in more & more people and giving them houses over our own people is wrong and it should not be happening.

Also the sad thing is that if one makes a stance on this very issue they are accused of being racists or the likes which is bull crap. I most certainly am not racist or anything like it but id rather see our own looked after before we commit to others.

Absolutely. Unfortunately it is sad to see it happening but happening it is nonetheless and our government must take a stance and not be bullied by the likes of Germany into taking in an amount that is not sustainable either economically or socially. The housing crisis is a serious issue in Ireland and it needs sorting and taking in more & more people and giving them houses over our own people is wrong and it should not be happening.

Also the sad thing is that if one makes a stance on this very issue they are accused of being racists or the likes which is bull crap. I most certainly am not racist or anything like it but id rather see our own looked after before we commit to others.

bang on. im deeply concerned with our escalating housing problem

bang on. im deeply concerned with our escalating housing problem

Yeah me too it is sickening to read and see about evictions, homelessness, then Ireland being taken to task about their desire or want to take in numbers which in reality we just cant handle.

Expect this thread to be locked as it is gone off topic. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Nite Klub

I returned home recently with renewed enthusiasm having read this thread. I took to the streets in search of some decent drugs. You can only imagine my disappointment to find there was none available. Not a single drug pusher salivating over children playing in the park could be found. T'was most disappointing I can tell you. Not one to be deterred I pushed onwards into the city centre to see if there were any immigrants hanging about with drugs to spare. None of them had a clue what I was asking for, maybe they want to keep all the good stuff for themselves which isn't nice considering how hospitable we have been.

Does anyone have any idea where I can get some decent drugs on my next visit home please?

Nite Klub wrote: »
    I returned home recently with renewed enthusiasm having read this thread. I took to the streets in search of some decent drugs. You can only imagine my disappointment to find there was none available. Not a single drug pusher salivating over children playing in the park could be found. T'was most disappointing I can tell you. Not one to be deterred I pushed onwards into the city centre to see if there were any immigrants hanging about with drugs to spare. None of them had a clue what I was asking for, maybe they want to keep all the good stuff for themselves which isn't nice considering how hospitable we have been.

Does anyone have any idea where I can get some decent drugs on my next visit home please?

If you want to find the junkies, go to the little childrens park with the trains near Manor street once its dark. You will find people injecting/smoking drugs in that park.

Also I know you were joking but I don't think anyone has said that the junkies are foreign? I know that there probably are some foreign drug addicts but in general from my experience they are mostly Irish.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20 Nite Klub

Thanks for the response LoT. I'll have you know that a while ago in Paris I came across loads of drug users and guess what?...every single one of them was foreign. Not a single one of them was ginger or freckley. I deduced from that maybe all druggies are foreigners and Erin's children are saintly by comparison.

God Bless.

Advertisement