Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RDS Craft Beer Festival 2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭testaccount123

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭tomhalloween

count me in also please.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭Buona Fortuna

• Registered Users Posts: 2,694 ✭✭✭BMJD

I want free stuff and I want it now

• Registered Users Posts: 8,144 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

For the non ticket winning thread..

I notice it is starting later this year on the Saturday, I seem to remember getting in at 12:30 last year..

Anyone fancy a meetup on the Saturday? There are a few of us meeting at around 2pm before the rush... a gentle stroll, talk to the brewers / wreck their heads.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68,528 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Considering the dire news about Friday opening times you've just delivered me, it'll be Saturday for me after all so this is very possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭Red Wolf

Count me in

• Registered Users Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭stampydmonkey

Me too...monkey go stampy with beer

• Registered Users Posts: 7,518 ✭✭✭matrim

L1011 wrote: »
    Considering the dire news about Friday opening times you've just delivered me, it'll be Saturday for me after all so this is very possible.

Dire news? It's 5.30 until 12.30. Thought it was the same last year.

Disappointed that they have dropped the Sunday. It was usually a nice relaxed day that was busy without being jammed

• Registered Users Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭oblivious

I will be there :)

• Advertisement

For the non ticket winning thread .

Who knows, Beoir may have more tickets to give away ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

Will be Saturday after 4 for me, would go Thursday but last year's Friday hangover in work is still fresh in my mind

• Registered Users Posts: 12,978 ✭✭✭✭bnt

Include me in, please! I have the Friday free, so beer would be perfect.

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

• Registered Users Posts: 13,103 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

Sure be Rude not to put my name in the glass.

Half price entry and Galway bay vouchers, that beoir membership pays for itself

And 10% off Drinkstore's Irish beers and ciders.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

Me please

On advice from somebody here, I went on the Thursday in 2013 and found it to be enjoyable and again in 2014. The brewers had all the time in the world to chat to you, beer (And merchandise if that's your thing as well.) was plentiful, you have heaps of room to move around in the room without a worry and there was little in the way of queues at the bars for the evening. Also, the earlier finish was grand as I didn't want it to become a piss up.

The one downside was that a few beers weren't on and one bar wasn't staffed. To be honest this wasn't a major issue given that it was a couple of beers out of over 100 others though if it was something you had head a lot about and wanted to try then yeah it would be a big deal.

oblivious wrote: »
    Who knows, Beoir may have more tickets to give away ;)

I won some last year and have my members card for the discount !

• Registered Users Posts: 2,694 ✭✭✭BMJD

is it in the same hall as usual?

the one that was used for the other festival around Paddy's Day was a lot better imo

BMJD wrote: »
    is it in the same hall as usual?

the one that was used for the other festival around Paddy's Day was a lot better imo

Yep

The other Hall got book out first I believe

matrim wrote: »
    Dire news? It's 5.30 until 12.30. Thought it was the same last year.

Disappointed that they have dropped the Sunday. It was usually a nice relaxed day that was busy without being jammed

Paddys Day festival opened earlier in the day, and I have this coming Friday off work already for another reason, hence I was hoping to be in and out suitably full by about 7 :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,704 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Me please!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

Is it Pint Glasses this year? Website says 7%+ beers are filled to the 2/3s mark.

Is it Pint Glasses this year? Website says 7%+ beers are filled to the 2/3s mark.

The half glasses had a 2/3 mark on them
    last year, didn't they?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,785 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

Cheers everyone for entering. There was 71 posts in the thread so I put those numbers into random.org, first number out of the hat was post number 61. That's me! So we went again and post number 15 came out so the winner is Passenger! PM me your name and I'll put you down on the guestlist. :)

There's another chance to win on the Beoir Facebook and Twitter pages.(yes, you can enter both). :)
    https://twitter.com/BeoirOrg
    https://www.facebook.com/BeoirOrg

And as mentioned, you can join Beoir and get half price entry as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,121 ✭✭✭tang1

Would there be much hassle paying on the door on Saturday, i.e a wait to get in?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,835 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

It's always busy on the Saturday. Go as early as you can.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,146 ✭✭✭Passenger

That's fantastic. Thanks a million. :)

PM sent.

The half glasses had a 2/3 mark on them
    last year, didn't they?

Yes, which is 1/3rd of a pint which can make it a bit confusing if you call it "2/3rds mark" - especially considering it says "1/3rd pint" on it.

Opening time is now 12pm on the Saturday.

• Advertisement

Just a reminder that competition for tickets is still running till this evening if you have not entered

https://twitter.com/BeoirOrg

https://www.facebook.com/BeoirOrg

Advertisement