Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

First time going camping!

• 19-08-2015 5:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 39

Hi guys, got a few questions regarding wild camping :)

Working 6 days a week as well as studying, in busy city centre, and just so happens that ill have about a week free from both, to dedicate only to myself pretty soon.
    What I want is to go wild camping, and fishing.

Im looking for somewhere, where isnt a camping "spot" as such, but a general area where camping is allowed....you know, not to have a green full of tents, and a visible carpark, but im looking for complete isolation :) An area where camping would be allowed but not in a specific place if you get me :)

Scenery wise, I was looking at something like the wild beach at the Lough Dan in Co. Wicklow, but would love to camp in the woods with maybe a lake nearby also.

Not looking for a spot to set up a huge living quarters, just for a party of two, consisting of my dog and I :P
    I dont mind getting permissions and stuff, but I just cant think of many spots that would accommodate what im after :/ The beach at Lough Dan looks mesmerizing, but I heard no camping is allowed there :/

Regarding fishing, i plan on coarse fishing, catch and release of course, so just about any decent sized lake will do :) Again, would love if it was isolated and away from civilization in a way.

Im from Dublin, but wouldn't mind travelling to the other side of the island for such an experience :)

If youve any such areas in mind, where I should go explore to find a spot, please share! :D

Thanks in advance,
    V.

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,745 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Vladpills

That looks absolutely amazing!! :D

Just googled a few pictures, and it looks perfect Tabnabs, thanks.

If anyones got any more spots, let me know.

cheers,
    V.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭FrostyJack

Vladpills wrote: »
    That looks absolutely amazing!! :D

Just googled a few pictures, and it looks perfect Tabnabs, thanks.

If anyones got any more spots, let me know.

cheers,
    V.

Not sure if you can take your dog there, I was looking into it myself. On the Letterkeen Loop and Bangor Trail every review says strictly no dogs as it is sheep country. It looks like it is Coilte/National Park land so I am confused.

Advertisement