Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What price for gutter down pipe?

Options
  • 19-08-2015 6:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16

Hi
    I live in a semi detached house, but the down pipe is not on my side so no matter how much I clean my gutters there is still a chance of water ingress due to water building up. Next door's gutters are in a bad state with big clumps of grass and I've asked them to clean them but they don't care (this is over a period of 5 years).

The gutters have a slight slope so that the water will run into the down pipe on the neighbours side. I checked this before with a guttering company and they said we would have to get our gutters rebalanced and down pipes fitted on our side to really get around the problem.

They suggested fitting a downpipe in the middle of the gutter but there are 2 problems with this:
    a. At the back the gutter would have to take a crazy angle to make it to the drain. Not as important as preventing an ingress but I'd like to get the job done properly.
    b. In the front it's just not possible at all because there's no drain.

Other houses in the estate have had this done so I know I'm not crazy wanting to get this done :D Also it is possible - there is a waste pipe/drain at the side of the house and other houses have fed the down pipes into it (both the houses that originally have downpipes and the houses that had them retro fitted).

So: is it possible to get a company to do this? and what kind of price would I be looking at?

I would have to get through the tarmac to let the downpipe empty into the drain/exit pipe but I think this is a very doable job.

Advertisement