Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Susi grant

• 19-08-2015 6:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭

I've been working for the last 2 years and I am entering 1st year in college this year. When Susi are calculating whether I am entitled to a grant, do they just consider my parents income or is it my parents AND my income. Also can anyone tell me what the income threshold is for a full grant

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

Both incomes, when you made your grant application you should have had to put in both your parents income, and your own.
    Though there is a threshold for students working part-time, I think it's somewhere around 3k a year, don't know the exact figure.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭CheyK

Both yours and your parents income is considered, although students can earn something like €3500 during holidays without it affecting your grant :) I think the threshold for the full grant is €39000

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 242 ✭✭maude6868

The Holiday Earnings threshold only applies to students in full time education. If you weren't in full time education your income is added to your parents.

Advertisement