Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Repeating

• 19-08-2015 6:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19

kind of nervous for friday i have my interview to repeat in rathmines. Just wanted to know is it easy to get in and what do they ask you?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20 AMG999222

All they will do is have a look at your past LC results and ask you about what your plans and intentions are for repeating the LC. My interview with them this time last year was only about 5-10 mins in total.

As for difficulty on getting in, it depends on the amount of people who have applied this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Chrisleapp

AMG999222 wrote: »
    All they will do is have a look at your past LC results and ask you about what your plans and intentions are for repeating the LC. My interview with them this time last year was only about 5-10 mins in total.

As for difficulty on getting in, it depends on the amount of people who have applied this year.

My leaving cert isn't the greatest hence why i want to repeat.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 AMG999222

Chrisleapp wrote: »
    My leaving cert isn't the greatest hence why i want to repeat.

Em..... well, that's the case for everyone else going into Rathmines..... Thats's like walking into Tesco and telling the cashier you're here to buy some groceries.

I meant you need to tell them something along the lines of "I'm repeating because I want to study X course and to get there I need to get Y points this year. Hoping to improve my result in Z by N grades/points."

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,240 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

They want to see you're not going to waste their time and take a place that could have been given to someone very serious about working. So make sure you can give reasons why you think you can do better.

Advertisement