Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good Editing Build for e800

Options
  • 19-08-2015 7:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 25

So i can get this pc build for 800 quid and i was wondering if it going to be good for gaming and editing. I want to render 1080p videos and i want to be able to stream some games on high enough seetings and stream it at 720p to twitch.
    Thanks for helping in advance.

PC BUILD:

CPU: Intel Core i5-4670K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor ($259.84 @ B&H)
    Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z87N-WIFI Mini ITX LGA1150 Motherboard
    Memory: Crucial Ballistix Tactical 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($89.99 @ Amazon)
    Storage: Samsung 850 EVO-Series 250GB 2.5" Solid State Drive ($89.99 @ Amazon)
    Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 760 2GB WINDFORCE Video Card
    Case: BitFenix Phenom M Midnight Black MicroATX Mini Tower Case ($98.99 @ SuperBiiz)
    Power Supply: Corsair CSM 550W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply ($82.73 @ Amazon)
    Monitor: Dell U2412M 60Hz 24.0" Monitor ($267.83 @ B&H)
    Keyboard: Logitech Wireless Combo MK270 Wireless Standard Keyboard w/Optical Mouse ($21.95 @ Amazon)
    Total: $911.32
    Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
    Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-08-19 14:54 EDT-0400

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

It's a grand build yeah, GPU isn't great but it's easily upgraded

• Registered Users Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭Xenoronin

Just a note that that build is from american amazon and prices will be more expensive over here from UK. At that price for a CPU i'd look towards the new skylake processors. You can pick up the 6600K from amazon.fr for about 260/270. Dunno how shipping works out from france though. Would mean trying to get the new socket though (1151) which would mean a bit of a wait for motherboards to start getting into stock (prices are a little high right now). Depends if you want to build now or in a month or two i guess.

The GPU will do 1080p just grand. Not going for max on everything and with the correct stream settings it hasn't let me down yet. Might be worth looking at the 960 just cause the 760 is harder to find now over here and it is essentially the same card with a few tweaks to make it run faster.

Just a note that you will need to increase that budget up to 1k or you will be cutting components. If there was no monitor, this is an 800euro build easy. With the monitor it is 1k.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭BloodBath

Definitely get a xeon 1231v3 instead of an i5 if you are editing and streaming. The extra cores/threads will be needed.

You can save a bit of money towards a better graphics card by getting a cheaper non overclocking motherboard then as well.

Also use Hardwareversand.de or Mindfactory.de for the best prices for a full build. You can get further discounts on these prices by using geizhals.de.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭SterlingArcher

BloodBath wrote: »
    Definitely get a xeon 1231v3 instead of an i5 if you are editing and streaming. The extra cores/threads will be needed.

You can save a bit of money towards a better graphics card by getting a cheaper non overclocking motherboard then as well.

Also use Hardwareversand.de or Mindfactory.de for the best prices for a full build. You can get further discounts on these prices by using geizhals.de.

Hwvs is toast blood... Only around now through administration would not be advisable to purchase from Them.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭BloodBath

Hwvs is toast blood... Only around now through administration would not be advisable to purchase from Them.

Really? When did this happen?

So what is everyone using now? Mindfactory?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭SterlingArcher

BloodBath wrote: »
    Really? When did this happen?

So what is everyone using now? Mindfactory?

http://touch.boards.ie/thread/2057466921/6/#post96388187

Sucks balls. Yeah Mindfactory.de, Amazon.de.

Advertisement