Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MRI results

Options
  • 19-08-2015 7:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 22

Hi all,

Not looking for medical advice, just interpretation/explanation of some terms that came back in MRI results of my shoulder, as I think there might be some typos, but not sure?

Here is the report (the question marks are added by me to indicate terms that I think might be misspelt or typos).

" Mild acromioclavicular degenerative change without significant inferior impingement.
    Lateral downsloping of the acromion.
    Supra status(?) tendinopathy with partial-thickness intrasubstance tearing.
    No full-thickness tearing.
    No fatty atrophy.
    Degenerative signal superior labral.
    Subscapular(?) tendinopathy. "

I think the first question mark might be "supraspinatus" instead of "supra status", and that "subscapular" could be "subscapularis"?

Any ideas anyone?
    Many thanks,
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭Dingle_berry

The best person to ask to interpret that report is either the radiologist or the person who requested it, while they're looking at the MRI. Anything you get on here will be a guess, no mater how well educated.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭Vorsprung

It's open to interpretation but for the best answer,you should ask the radiology dept in which you had the scan to clarify.

Gonna close this before we get into medical advice territory.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement