Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Life in Killeigh, Co. Offaly

Options
  • 19-08-2015 9:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Hi All,

Looking for some feedback from anyone on here who is living or has lived in Killeigh, Co. Offaly.

We are considering a move into the area and would like to get a sense of the community, groups, infrastructure (mainly Broadband) and any negative aspects you may note.

Much appreciated,

rourkek4

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭240 Robert

Not living in Killeigh but have friends and family living in the area, nice quiet village with a good primary school and an active GAA club
    and big catchment area. Friendly people, easy to get to know. Broadband is hit and miss depending on where you are living.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭Ray Donovan

I'm not from Killeigh but I do a know a few people from there and they are all nice folks. It seems to be a quiet rural community with your typical one shop and one pub. Actually I was in the pub once and the locals were chatty.

The primary school has large numbers going to it and this probably means a good few students from Tullamore attend.

The underage GAA club in Killeigh is called Na Fianna and they are currently very competitive in hurling (U16 County Champions in 2013, possible minor champions this year). I'm not sure what their results are like in football. At adult level the club plays under the name of Clodiagh Gaels which was formed just this year and is an amalgamation of Killeigh and Killurin who up to this year played separately. It has two adult football teams and two adult hurling teams with the intermediate hurlers being quite strong and could possibly win that championship.

For further sporting clubs you would have to go to Tullamore for access to rugby, soccer, athletics etc.

Advertisement