Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Astec 63 alarm keeps going off.

Options
  • 19-08-2015 10:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19

Really hoping someone can help me out here. I'm in a rented apt and our alarm (which we haven't used in ages) has started going off due to a low battery. I've contacted the estate agents who contacted the landlord but because he's putting the property on the market, he doesn't want to spend any cash on the place.

I've gotten a few quotes from alarm companies for €70 - €100 but the problem is getting it sorted outside off hours so I can be here to let them at it.

I've flipped the switch that says it's for the alarm on the main power board but that does nothing. I'm absolutely not an electrician by the way so need all the help I can get on this one.

Is there anyway of just disabling the alarm so that it stops going off? Short of tearing it off the wall that is... It's an Astec 63 unit.
    Cheers lads.
    E

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

You could power it down completely.
    Remove the mains fuse a the panel, open the top lid & them remove the link marked battery just to the right of the sounder connections. The outside siren may ring , but it will stop after 20 minutes.
    Bear in mind ,however, this is your landlords equipment. If you damage it he may hold you responsible.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Kdesign

Cheers for the reply mate. Yeah, last thing I want to do it damage it. Also the alarm going off for 20 mins would probably have my neighbours banging down my door. Thanks anyway.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Your other option would be get somebody out yourself and pass on the receipt to your landlord or estate agent.

Advertisement