Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ferguson fl26wx1

Options
  • 19-08-2015 10:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭

Hi,

I've been offered a tv for our student house up in Dublin this year and it's the model above. However I have tried to look up the spec etc to see if it can connect to the Satellite dish (UPC) at our house but to no avail.

I know the tv comes with a remote and was working however the seller only used it for watching movies so I am wondering if it can connect to a dish as there appears to be no hdmi cable with it, however the seller has suggested that an adapter could be used.

Basically the end of the story is that I have been offered one for €60. Am I wasting my time going for it going by the fact that it is an old model and has very little coverage online from what I can see and will it be able to show the football during the week.

Thanks,

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,278 ✭✭✭Thurston?

A UPC 'dish' won't be for satellite, it will be for the MMDS 'wireless cable' (terrestrial microwave) system: do you have a subscription & box for this service?

If not, on which channels are you intending to watch the football?

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭Richmond Ultra

Thurston? wrote: »
    A UPC 'dish' won't be for satellite, it will be for the MMDS 'wireless cable' (terrestrial microwave) system: do you have a subscription & box for this service?

Well we're getting UPC but they're is a dish on the house so we were told they'd use it.

Using the Sky Sports and Setanta for footie.

Would the lack of a hdmi cable affect the ability to connect a laptop?

Thurston? wrote: »

Well we're getting UPC but they're is a dish on the house so we were told they'd use it.

Would the lack of a hdmi cable affect the ability to connect a laptop?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,548 ✭✭✭✭The Cush

Basically the end of the story is that I have been offered one for €60. Am I wasting my time going for it going by the fact that it is an old model and has very little coverage online from what I can see and will it be able to show the football during the week.

You're wasting your time with it IMO, 2006 model, no Saorview tuner, no satellite tuner, no HDMI.

Will work with an attached Sky box, dvd player, Saorview box etc. connected via scart.

If it's the MMDS service from UPC it comes to an end next April - http://www.boards.ie/ttfthread/2057468134/1#post96392404, http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=83862302#post83862302

Is the dish like one of the aerials in this link - http://www.wrightsaerials.tv/aerialphotography/aerialingus/011.shtml

The BT Sport Europe channel won't be available on the MMDS service
    UPC: Brian wrote: »
    This channel isn't available on our MMDS service due to available bandwidth

• Advertisement

Thanks for your reply and all the info you provided.

The dish isn't like any of the ones you provided in the link. It's like a sky dish but we were told UPC installed it for the previous client. We have decided to give the tv a skip and look elsewhere as despite the low cost it doesn't make much sense having since the tv won't connect to our laptops for netflix and will also perform poorly with the PS4.

Thanks again for all your help.

The dish isn't like any of the ones you provided in the link. It's like a sky dish but we were told UPC installed it for the previous client.
    If you ever get a chance would you post a pic of the dish, it would be interesting to see what type of aerial/dish it is.

The Cush wrote: »
    If you ever get a chance would you post a pic of the dish, it would be interesting to see what type of aerial/dish it is.

Will do.

Advertisement