Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dealing with Tanager re: mortgage Nightmare!

• 19-08-2015 11:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

before I go mad please is there someone else out there about to rip out your hair from trying to deal with these people aaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhh
    I thought certus was bad (the admin crew for bank of Scotland)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Quorom

Are you in dispute with them ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,129 ✭✭✭homer911

I thought the title was a typo until I googled them..

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Quorom

HML ltd are the credit servicing firm appointed by LLP to manage Tanager's loan book. I wonder have they got their credit servicing authorisation from the Central Bank of Ireland, the closing date for the C.B.I. to have received such an application from HML Ltd as part of the statutory transitional provisions for existing credit servicing firms was the 8th October 2015. Has anyone requested same ?

• Registered Users Posts: 11 preakness

Hi there
    I have been advised by lapithus (Tanager ) that I did not co-operate re my mortgage and therefore my mortgage has been handed over to the legal team. I have always tried to deal with them but unfortunately they have taken this decision . Is there anymore I can do ??

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭Forbearance

See do they own the charge on your mortgage.

• Advertisement

Hi there
    In the unlikely event that they do not own my mortgage what is the likely outcome .
    Do I ask them directly

Go to the PRA, see if the transfer of the charge reads from GCBOS or BOSI to Tanager LTD, as oppose to BOS PLC to Tanager LTD. If it is either of the former they may not have any locus standi to bring legal proceedings against you. A High Court judgment has already determined that being registered as owner of the charge in the PRA does not guarantee good title.

hi There
    Many thanks for the advice
    Would that be the property registration authority .
    Can that info be got online or through the offices of same
    Cheers

Yes, it is. You will have to pay 40 euro for a true copy of the instrument of transfer. The staff in there are relatively friendly and will help you with your enquiries.

thanks again
    Appreciate the advice
    I will reply once I have the information

• Advertisement

Hi there
    The owner is Bos plc to tanager ltd
    My own and my wife interest are registered on 14.01.15 and Bos plc also 14.01.15
    and tanager the owner 22.05.15
    My recollection is that when the mortgage was drawn down many years ago it was never registered by our solicitor until last year.

That solicitor does not practice anymore

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭newacc2015

askaboutmoney.com has excellent advice on dealing with banks. I would advise posting there

I would immediately lodge a formal complaint with Tanager following the advice by the financial services ombudsman. State that you are cooperating but Tanager won't restructure your mortgage in a manner that is workable for you

https://www.financialombudsman.ie/

Tanager probably have brought your mortgage for a quick buck. They brought it for cents on the euro from BOS, they want to repossess it and make a profit. They probably don't want to deal with you as a customer for years.

My suggestion is starting googling and finding out is there issues with your mortgage contract. There is plenty of problems with bank documents which is making repossessions difficult

eg http://www.irishtimes.com/business/financial-services/laffoy-comments-may-affect-bosi-distressed-mortgages-1.2157618

I have a mortgage that is in arrears and have been recently notified that I am " not co-operating and therefore it progresses to the legal route .

since 22 may 2015 Tanager ltd are the new owners .

The mortgage was taken out with BOSI in 2006/2007 .

However the charge was not registered in the deeds and in my name until 14 Jan 2015 and also registered the same day to BOS plc .

My solicitor never registered the charge on the deeds or neither was it pursued by BOSI

My solicitor has since gone out of business .

Do I have any legal case in (A) it was never registered on the deeds for 10 years or so

( B) it was registered after the facts( in hindsight ) etc

( C ) it was never registered to BOSI and therefore could not be transferred to BOS plc as BOS plc was not in existence .( after the fact )

I have a mortgage that is in arrears and have been recently notified that I am " not co-operating and therefore it progresses to the legal route .

The mortgage was taken out with BOSI in 2005/2006 .

However the charge was not registered in the deeds and in my name until 14 Jan 2015 and also registered the same day to BOS plc .

My solicitor never registered the charge on the deeds or neither was it pursued by BOSI

Do I have any legal case in (A) it was never registered on the deeds for 10 years or so

( C ) it was never registered to BOSI and therefore could not be transferred to BOS plc as BOS plc was not in existence .( after the fact )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭newacc2015

preakness wrote: »

The mortgage was taken out with BOSI in 2005/2006 .

Have you spoken to MABS? Have they restructured your loan? ie part payments, warehousing part of it, lower interest rate etc?

You honestly need to speak to a decent solictor to see if your mortgage contract is in fact kosher and whether they can actually enforce legal proceedings against you.

Lodge a complaint with Tanager as you have to wait 40 working days for a response before you can go to the FSO

Hi
    I have been to mabs many years ago , did not find them to be of any use
    Been to New beginning and to prima finance , they took a fee but yet nothing happened
    Decent solicitor is like finding a needle in a haystack .
    I have been to a good number

preakness wrote: »
    Hi there
    The owner is Bos plc to tanager ltd
    My own and my wife interest are registered on 14.01.15 and Bos plc also 14.01.15
    and tanager the owner 22.05.15
    My recollection is that when the mortgage was drawn down many years ago it was never registered by our solicitor until last year.

Who was registered in the pra as owner of the charge prior to BOS PLC ?

There is no mention of an owner of the charge until it was entered on the 14 January 2015 . the entry is recorded as
    " charge for present and future advances repayable with interest .
    Bank of Scotland PLC is the owner of this charge "

this is the first entry on the deed .
    the second entry is dated 22 May 2015 whereby the charge was transferred to tanager limited

are you the first owner of the house ?

• Advertisement

I happen to be in planning and architecture , I designed the house and built the house and yes I am the first owner.
    Originally the mortgage was with a different bank but switched to BOSI to avail of the tracker

Tanager, through their master credit servicing agent Lapithus, are now offering discounts of up to 40% to variable and tracker mortgage holders.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 jennied30

Can anyone help me out, jut received court date for January, panic has started, dont know what to do, havent missed a payment in over 2 years and have offered them more and they wont come to an arrangement.

thanks Aileen

so the letter i received yesterday is from their solicitor about 500 pages in the documents. at the end of the solicitor letter it clearly states they recommend contacting the arrears support unit and gives a phone number which is Tanager. why is it with a solicitor if they want me to ring them?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Openair

Hey guys,,hoping to get a meeting organised between tanager mortgage holders.We are hoping to get a td to attend to have them in in front of the finance committee.We are also hoping to have some financial commentators attend. Any interest from guys here?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 PolDara

jennied30 wrote: »
    thanks Aileen

so the letter i received yesterday is from their solicitor about 500 pages in the documents. at the end of the solicitor letter it clearly states they recommend contacting the arrears support unit and gives a phone number which is Tanager. why is it with a solicitor if they want me to ring them?

Hi Jennie, just received court paper's also for January. It's state's the same on my letter to contact the support unit. Just wondering if you contacted them.

Can anyone help me out, jut received court date for January, panic has started, dont know what to do, havent missed a payment in over 2 years and have offered them more and they wont come to an arrangement.

In the same boat, contacted the hub and have meeting with them this week. Hopefully they will advise on what to do next. Very stressful time.

PolDara wrote: »
    Hi Jennie, just received court paper's also for January. It's state's the same on my letter to contact the support unit. Just wondering if you contacted them.

Hey. No I did ring them and they sent me out new financial forms to fill out again. Not sure if I should do them.

Hey. No I did ring them and they sent me out new financial forms to fill out again. Not sure if I should do them.

Thanks, I'm just going to leave it now and let things take its course. Have you checked your title deeds to see who owned the charge on your home before tanager.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 420 ✭✭mockingjay

I don't know if you have seen this, but it might be worth a read. Best of luck over the next few weeks.

http://www.thejournal.ie/mortgage-lender-court-what-happens-abhaile-mabs-3557454-Aug2017/

Advertisement