Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broken wheelie bin

Options
  • 19-08-2015 11:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭

Hi

I broke the wheels off our green bin about 3 weeks ago. Left it out then on the road anyway and it got emptied. Left it out again this week but it didn't get emptied this morning (everyone else's did) - presumably as it had no wheels.
    (It was an accident caused by my own stupidity).

The landlord has the account with Greyhound (I think) but he's away currently. Can I ring up and get a replacement bin which I'll pay for? Or would I have to purchase a bin separately myself.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭Th3B1tcH

have a look on adverts.ie usually few there probally work out cheaper (seen them free/10 euro)then getting replacement from greyhound

• Site Banned Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭Second Toughest in_the Freshers

Its a wonder they didn't take the old bin altogether. maybe throw the old one into the new one when you get it.... :/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭Car99

jc2008 wrote: »
    Hi

I broke the wheels off our green bin about 3 weeks ago. Left it out then on the road anyway and it got emptied. Left it out again this week but it didn't get emptied this morning (everyone else's did) - presumably as it had no wheels.

The landlord has the account with Greyhound (I think) but he's away currently. Can I ring up and get a replacement bin which I'll pay for? Or would I have to purchase a bin separately myself.

The bins are barcoded to identify them with a customer. A replacement bin is €35 with my lot. You can buy wheels cheap and they're easy replace if you Google how to do it there's a trick to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭ronan45

jc2008 wrote: »
    Hi

One of the wheels fell of mine and greyhound sent me one free! Give them a call.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭ronan45

Car99 wrote: »
    The bins are barcoded to identify them with a customer. A replacement bin is €35 with my lot. You can buy wheels cheap and they're easy replace if you Google how to do it there's a trick to it.

Out of curiousity where is the barcode or pin chip located on a bin, had a look at mine cant see either:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭Car99

ronan45 wrote: »
    Out of curiousity where is the barcode or pin chip located on a bin, had a look at mine cant see either:eek:

On the back of mine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭newacc2015

If you are out of contract, maybe switching to citybin? They will send out new bins free.

Is the bin, the original one for the house? Maybe it was never sturdy to start with

• Registered Users Posts: 896 ✭✭✭Bray Head

I would replace them yourself from parts online. Even better if you can move to citybin as they will provide new bins too.

I have had several experiences with greyhound on this kind of issue and the outcome was not satisfactory.

Advertisement