Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Contemplating repeating the leaving and more drama

• 20-08-2015 12:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭

Hi I am currently completing repeating the leaving cert and am looking for some advice. I got my results on Wednesday last and got 460 points, missing out on my first choice by 5 points (business studies in DCU). During my leaving cert, nothing seemed to be going to plan and had already started thinking about redoing the exam and decided to change around my cao preferences as I was at that stage only expecting to get in the low 400s. Big mistake. I got offered my second choice (business and management in maynooth) and am unsure about going there. I accepted the offer but for the past two years my heart had been set on studying in Dublin, and the more I think about it I'm beginning to wonder if I even want to study business anymore. I enjoyed studying economics and accounting in school but Im not quite sure where this path will lead me... But anyway time is running out and I really need some advice on what to do. My parents know I'm not too keen on maynooth but aren't aware that I'm not keen on business either. What should I do?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭EoghanIRL

Tell them.
    I'm sure your parents know you better than random strangers on the internet.

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭Monkeysgomad

I think if you don't feel comfortable about going to maynoth you shouldn't. If you want to repeat more than likely you will get higher points next time but dcu could go up? Good luck :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,240 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Funny how people are different. I know many people studying in Dublin who wish they had gone to Maynooth instead.

You need to talk to your parents and make a decision.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,042 ✭✭✭zl1whqvjs75cdy

Do you mind me asking why you want to be in Dublin as opposed to Maynooth?

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭eoin12345

I've decided against repeating. I guess I was too focused on a college rather than the course. Can't wait to get started now!! :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement