Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Accommodation questions

Options
  • 20-08-2015 1:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 14

So I have my place on campus accommodation and I'm just wondering is there any way to know if the other people in the apartment are male or female? And is there any way to get an apartment with people you know? If you have any other info on accommodation feel free to post it. Thanks in advance :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭nerd95

radepoju wrote: »
    So I have my place on campus accommodation and I'm just wondering is there any way to know if the other people in the apartment are male or female? And is there any way to get an apartment with people you know? If you have any other info on accommodation feel free to post it. Thanks in advance :)

Last year I had on campus accommodation and I had the option to see who my roommates were. Basically, you have to login to sisweb and go to the "campus" tab. Then click on "UCD residences" and select "My residence". There should be an option to see who is in your apartment then- It should show the pics and/or names of your roommates. If not, maybe the system has changed since last year. Finally, you will not be able to get an apartment with people you know as they tend to encourage you to get to know new people (unless you happened to book the same apartment as someone you know during the booking process then the answer is yes). Although, I think there is (or at least there was) an option to change apartments with someone else provided both are in agreement but there is a charge to switch rooms.
    If there is anything else you would particularly like to know regarding accommodation feel free to ask and as I am more than happy to help!!

• Registered Users Posts: 14 radepoju

nerd95 wrote: »
    Last year I had on campus accommodation and I had the option to see who my roommates were. Basically, you have to login to sisweb and go to the "campus" tab. Then click on "UCD residences" and select "My residence". There should be an option to see who is in your apartment then- It should show the pics and/or names of your roommates. If not, maybe the system has changed since last year. Finally, you will not be able to get an apartment with people you know as they tend to encourage you to get to know new people (unless you happened to book the same apartment as someone you know during the booking process then the answer is yes). Although, I think there is (or at least there was) an option to change apartments with someone else provided both are in agreement but there is a charge to switch rooms.
    If there is anything else you would particularly like to know regarding accommodation feel free to ask and as I am more than happy to help!!

Yeah I figured that out by now thanks anyway!!

Advertisement