Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying a poperty to set up an Air B and B

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Themag

Ok guys here is what I have decided to do.
    Going to upgrade the build over 3 years each year new phase into a quality B and B.
    In the mean time I will be renting the house with a rental company <snip> and with air B and B. I hope to make anything between 8000 and 15000 a year having talked to others that are doing it in the area.. So this will keep a cash flow as I do up the building..
    Thanks for all your help and kind words..
    Will keep ye posted when I have it set up and will offer ye all a good rate for your help😄

People are loooking for high standards and tbh seven rooms and five ensuites sounds like quite a squeeze. A few bad reviews and you wont hit your occupancy rates.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,662 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

Themag wrote: »
    commission a study on what? explain more?
    Does anyone else have any experience in this situation

I would imagine planning permission is required, unless you plan to live in the house.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

I was in one abroad recently. The owner had converted a 2 bed apartment into 2 air b&b studios. Basically you went in the front door to a corridor with 2 rooms off it.
    Each had double bed, kitchenette, bathroom and washer/ dryer. Very high quality place. You could probably get away with shared laundry facilities.

If you are only essentially renting rooms, with shared facilities, you'll get much less rent and less uptake and likely younger clientele. Or are you hoping you'll rent the entire place to one large group? That will likely lead to stags, hens, parties, damages etc

Parking is also an issue, as is wifi and tv etc. personally I think the set up above is great as you could rent both rooms for larger family or friends travelling
    parking ?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,536 ✭✭✭✭ted1

There is a demand for this alright as there is only one B and B in the town and it's not online and in bad condition... I believe I will be well able to keep it clean and tidy as I run a pub and am well used to dealing with the public and know what they want..
    I am just out of a meeting with my fire consultant and he says I will need a fire very to set up a B and B but is unsure about air B and B.
    So do you need a fire cert for air B and B?
    As fair as I know you don't?

There is no such thing as Air B n B, that's just a particular website which advertises B and B's. So yes you'll need a fire cert, just like Uber drivers need a PSV Licence.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,597 ✭✭✭✭kippy

There is a demand for this alright as there is only one B and B in the town and it's not online and in bad condition... I believe I will be well able to keep it clean and tidy as I run a pub and am well used to dealing with the public and know what they want..
    I am just out of a meeting with my fire consultant and he says I will need a fire very to set up a B and B but is unsure about air B and B.
    So do you need a fire cert for air B and B?
    As fair as I know you don't?

I think you've gotten the concept of what air bnb is to be honest......

Advertisement