Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Peaceful protest.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

http://www.kilkennyjournal.ie/index.php/item/1684-kilkenny-contingent-for-waterford-quay-demo-on-saturday

Racists protest against foreigners coming into Ireland.
    They are to protest against encouraging Islam in Ireland through the government policy of mass immigration here
    that incidentally costs the Irish taxpayer 4 Billions a year!
    I wonder where they got 4 billions a year from?
    The Irish branch of Pegida will be there, that's the main European association of people opposed to the Islamification of Europe and Ireland.
    PEGIDA's founder and leader Lutz Bachmann likes to dress up as Adolf Hitler. But I'm sure they're a nice bunch of people, who oppose anyone coming in. I wonder does that include not wanting Germans coming in?
    A few of the Waterford Trotskyists who call themselves "Antifa" and who have already shown that they oppose free speech, are to assemble to oppose the anti-ISIS demo.
    Ah here. Out of the woodwork they come! But it gets better! They'll be led by Joan Quirke who has
    set up a front she calls "Waterford against Racism" to counter demonstrate on Saturday.
    He says that there are 3,500 on the housing waiting lists in Carlow-Kilkenny alone right now and that most of these people will never get a house unless mass immigration is brought under control such as he and his new party Identity Ireland propose.

Yeah. Only thing left now would be a Father Ted picture;

tumblr_lmsydbZuFn1qckdi6o1_500.png

Shall be interesting to see how litle media coverage this will get, unless they start smashing windows or burning books.... :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 26,511 ✭✭✭✭Peregrinus

ISIS need to be condemned at every level.
    Condemnations of ISIS would probably enjoy wider support if bigots didn't try to join them at the hip with protest against immigration and/or Islam.

The linked article is badly written and I think deliberately confusing, and it reflects no credit on the Kilkenny Journal that they would publish this obviously partisan written-over-a-pseudonym rubbish. (But, I don't know, maybe that's the kind of publication the Journal has become.)

It's clear enough, reading the article, that this is an anti-immigration protest. I'd have fractionally more respect for the people behind this if they would be honest enough to say so, and stop posturing as running an anti-ISIS protest. Their activities lend great encouragement to the likes of ISIS, and I can't beleve that they are too stupid to realise this.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭Hoffmans

Theres no doubt that radicals are hiding out in waterford, but this silly gathering wont flush them out,
    They could heead up to the bikestands in town though and hunt away the roma pups robbing all the bikes off them...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭deisemum

Hoffmans wrote: »
    Theres no doubt that radicals are hiding out in waterford, but this silly gathering wont flush them out,
    They could heead up to the bikestands in town though and hunt away the roma pups robbing all the bikes off them...

Jihadi Jane was supposed to have been hiding out in a house in Viewmount a few years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,434 ✭✭✭✭looksee

That's some segue from condemning ISIS torture to protesting about asylum seekers getting college funding!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Aye. It's an anti-ISIS anti-Islam, anti-asylum seeker, anti-Roma, anti-foreigner... but at the same time includes copies of foreign radical groups?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭fiachr_a

deisemum wrote: »
    Jihadi Jane was supposed to have been hiding out in a house in Viewmount a few years ago.

And loyalist killer Billy Wright used to visit Waterford when he worked as a bible evangelist.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭somebaldyfela

deisemum wrote: »
    I'd definitely believe this.Was there not two ISIS fellow's nicked in recent week's in the Penrose Lane area also?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭somebaldyfela

the_syco wrote: »
    http://www.kilkennyjournal.ie/index.php/item/1684-kilkenny-contingent-for-waterford-quay-demo-on-saturday

Racists protest against foreigners coming into Ireland.

I wonder where they got 4 billions a year from?

PEGIDA's founder and leader Lutz Bachmann likes to dress up as Adolf Hitler. But I'm sure they're a nice bunch of people, who oppose anyone coming in. I wonder does that include not wanting Germans coming in?

Ah here. Out of the woodwork they come! But it gets better! They'll be led by Joan Quirke who has

Yeah. Only thing left now would be a Father Ted picture;

tumblr_lmsydbZuFn1qckdi6o1_500.png

Shall be interesting to see how litle media coverage this will get, unless they start smashing windows or burning books.... :pac:

I just checked the Pegida page on Facebook and they haven't organized this or have any involvement so maybe the Kilkenny Journal got their wire's crossed on that one.

However these guys will be here.

Identityireland.org

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭Arsemageddon

Peregrinus wrote: »
    Condemnations of ISIS would probably enjoy wider support if bigots didn't try to join them at the hip with protest against immigration and/or Islam.

The linked article is badly written and I think deliberately confusing, and it reflects no credit on the Kilkenny Journal that they would publish this obviously partisan written-over-a-pseudonym rubbish. (But, I don't know, maybe that's the kind of publication the Journal has become.)

It's clear enough, reading the article, that this is an anti-immigration protest. I'd have fractionally more respect for the people behind this if they would be honest enough to say so, and stop posturing as running an anti-ISIS protest. Their activities lend great encouragement to the likes of ISIS, and I can't beleve that they are too stupid to realise this.

I'm guessing that the Kilkenny Journal isn't a real newspaper - other topical local news items include 'the myth of the six million' about how the 'holocaust' (sic - their inverted commas) never happened and a parody poster of a black Sinn Fein local election candidate in Mulhuddart with the slogan 'Brits out, blacks in'.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 397 ✭✭S.O

Whats Ironic is two of the organisers of the counter protest have both gone to the electorate in the past and both received a small per % of the vote, one contested the 2011 general election + the 2014 local elections in Wexford and he got nowhere both times, the other she got very few votes in Waterford east electoral area in last years local elections, that goes to show + prove people disagree with them on a lot of the political issues.

A speaker from Identity Ireland is due to speak Saturday, other policy issues they have aside, a lot of people would agree with them on stricter Immigration rules for a policy as one recent enough Irish times poll has shown.

More than half the electorate is opposed to allowing migrants fleeing north
    Africa to settle in this country, according to the latest Irish Times/Ipsos MRBI poll.

http://www.irishtimes.com/news/politics/poll-majority-against-taking-in-fleeing-migrants-1.2217564

Advertisement