Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What are 'Capital Allowances - non-specified relief' on tax return

Options
  • 20-08-2015 7:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi,

I am completing the Form 11 tax return. What would be considered under the section:

Capital Allowances for the year 2014 - (i) Non-specified relief capital allowances

Thanks

Ed

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Alan Shore

Broadly speaking non specified capital allowances are your routine capital allowances on plant and machinery or motor vehicles.

Specified reliefs are generally property related capital allowances.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 edboard

Thanks for your response Alan. Last year my accountant put value in here in relation to a property I rent out, now I am doing my own tax return I can't figure out what this might have been. Can you think of what might go in here in relation to a rented property? Is this in relation to capital purchases or depreciation of capital items?

Thanks,

Ed

• Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭barneystinson

edboard wrote: »
    Thanks for your response Alan. Last year my accountant put value in here in relation to a property I rent out, now I am doing my own tax return I can't figure out what this might have been. Can you think of what might go in here in relation to a rented property? Is this in relation to capital purchases or depreciation of capital items?

Thanks,

Ed

So basically what you're saying is, "ohhhh so that's why I was paying an accountant ".... ;)

Advertisement