Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Joining the gang

Options
  • 20-08-2015 9:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭

Just checking in to say hello really. I placed my order last night for the Aspire Premium kit (with Nautilus Mini) and a couple of juices, one tobacco-ish and one fruit-ish. Looking forward to getting my hands on it and trying out vaping soon ... so don't let me down irishvape.com :)

Have to say the whole thing is a bit daunting to the newbie at first - the terminology and figuring out what the bits and pieces are, but there's some great info here and on Reddit's r/electronic_cigarette. Apart from the technical side, the sheer range of brand and flavours of e-juice is amazing and almost a bit off-putting, but you have to take the plunge somewhere and see what tastes good I suspect. Anyway, thanks to the community here for all the resources and recommendations. No doubt I'll be back before long with some proper questions or to confess that I've shelled out a silly amount of money for some ridiculous customised piece of kit!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭youdipstick

Your most welcomed here Pines,good place to be for giving up those stinkies,the higher nicotine seem to suit those who want to give up smoking like 18mg or 24mg,after time your nic levels will drop.
    I'm vaping 6 years & the different eliquids out there is crazy,you will buy liquids that are totally schit to you but good for others,so it is a very hard thing to recommend a certain flavour.
    Ask as many questions as you like,there's plenty of us here to answer anything.
    Good luck with your new setup.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭jonski

Hi Pines , you'll have to forgive my good friend youdipstick, he is so anxious for new people to join that he completely forgets about the initiation rights and the joining up fee and the annual membership fee . You will also need to learn the special handshake .

Once we get the above out of the way we can get down to helping you, finding out where in the country you live so we can direct you to your local vape shop where you will be able to sample as many juices as you need to find something that you like . ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭youdipstick

:D:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭P0lygon Wind0w

Hey, I'm also trying to join the gang - but daunted by what's on offer. Can anyone recommend a good store around Dublin 2 that will steer me towards a good starter kit? I'd like to get something today as I'm all geared up to quit the smokes! Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭morritty

Hey, I'm also trying to join the gang - but daunted by what's on offer. Can anyone recommend a good store around Dublin 2 that will steer me towards a good starter kit? I'd like to get something today as I'm all geared up to quit the smokes! Thanks.

If you're willing to make the trip, i'd make the trip to Ecirette on Talbot st, or the Vape Caffe on capel st

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭P0lygon Wind0w

morritty wrote: »
    If you're willing to make the trip, i'd make the trip to Ecirette on Talbot st, or the Vape Caffe on capel st

Thanks and noted. My lunch hour won't afford the trip though. Any opinions on Purplebox, Crow St.?

• Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭morritty

Thanks and noted. My lunch hour won't afford the trip though. Any opinions on Purplebox, Crow St.?

Just had a peek at their site, they have iSticks and they have Nautilus tanks, they seem to be the go to starter kits, so yeah I'd try them out.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,426 ✭✭✭lee_baby_simms

It's a good spot. Bought a subox mini in there a few weeks ago, excellent starter kit.

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭Pines

jonski wrote: »
    Hi Pines , you'll have to forgive my good friend youdipstick, he is so anxious for new people to join that he completely forgets about the initiation rights and the joining up fee and the annual membership fee . You will also need to learn the special handshake .
    I left a fiver out for you on the boardwalk beside O'Connell Bridge earlier. Don't blame me if someone else gets to it first...
    jonski wrote: »
    Once we get the above out of the way we can get down to helping you, finding out where in the country you live so we can direct you to your local vape shop where you will be able to sample as many juices as you need to find something that you like . ;)

I'm in Dublin, and actually popped into the Vape Caffe on Capel St earlier. As I'm heading away for the weekend and won't get my kit before I leave I picked up a CE4 starter kit and two juices to get me going. The Italian guy (didn't catch his name) was very helpful. Got a tobacco flavoured juice and a coffee one. Was surprised by how much I liked the non-tobacco tastes so I guess this is the starting point for a load of tasting and trying.

Anyway thanks to you all for the welcome.

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭Didihno

I think most vapers move away from tobacco flavours fairly quickly.
    I didn't even buy one at the start. Helped that I didn't like tobacco in the first place.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭macker33

Didihno wrote: »
    I think most vapers move away from tobacco flavours fairly quickly.
    I didn't even buy one at the start. Helped that I didn't like tobacco in the first place.

Tobbacco are the only ones i bother with

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭MrBobbyZ

2 years vaping. I only buy tobacco flavoured juice for weddings for some reason. Like a bit of El Toro's Eden when I'm expected to drink all day!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭Buona Fortuna

Yes plus one on that. Its a bewildering array of kit.

Also for those of us not in the Dublin locale whats a good online start and finish ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭wallywhittle

Don't poison yourself, be a man and give up. You don't want to have to depend on a piece of plastic for the rest of your life. Try the Alan Carr book.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

Don't poison yourself, be a man and give up. You don't want to have to depend on a piece of plastic for the rest of your life. Try the Alan Carr book.

Sorry wally wrong forum. Take a month to think about it.

macker33 wrote: »
    Tobbacco are the only ones i bother with
    I find that to be the exception to the rule to be honest.
    Of all the people I've 'converted' (6 successfully, couple more went back to smoking eventually or do both) none of them now vape tobacco flavours.

• Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭glicster

Didihno wrote: »
    I find that to be the exception to the rule to be honest.
    Of all the people I've 'converted' (6 successfully, couple more went back to smoking eventually or do both) none of them now vape tobacco flavours.

Im vaping 3yrs now and only bacco flavours.couldnt take to any other flavours i tried thus far

• Registered Users Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭cunnifferous

Tobacco flavours only for me too. Tried loads of fruit flavours but found them all just a bit sickening to be vaping all day.

Huh.
    Thats weird, I mean because I found tobacco flavours to be mostly horrible, and in fact tobacco itself to be mostly horrible, I thought getting away from tobacco flavoured juice would be the thing everyones does as soon as they get their taste buds back.

The joy of vaping is thats theres something for everyone, and there is no wrong way to vape. If you're not smoking you're doing it right.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭JH_raheny

I couldn't take to any of the tobacco flavours I tried and decided that since I was quitting the ciggies I might as well stay away from them altogether, took a while to find other other flavours though and I wasted a good bit of money on stuff that sounded nice but tasted vile

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭macker33

I guess its just down to personal preference at the end of the day.
    Some people like manly tobacco flavours and some people lick girly non tobacco flavours, each their own i suppose

Advertisement