Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ftth in castlebar

Options
  • 20-08-2015 10:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭

Is fibre to the home being rolled out soon to Castlebar?  And can you advise if estates on the outskirts of the town will get it, for example Kilkenny cross? 

Alternatively will the FTTC cabs be vector enabled any time soon? 

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Hi captain_boycott

I can confirm FTTH is not planned for Castlebar although it is planned for some surrounding areas. If you follow the below link - click on NGA fibre broadband Network map and then click on Fibre services planned on the right hand side panel of the map you will then see large orange icons showing you where FTTH is planned.

I can also confirm that the cabinets (FTTC) in Castlebar are already vectoring enabled.

Thanks
    Al

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭captain_boycott

Hi captain_boycott

I can confirm FTTH is not planned for Castlebar although it is planned for some surrounding areas. If you follow the below link - click on NGA fibre broadband Network map and then click on Fibre services planned on the right hand side panel of the map you will then see large orange icons showing you where FTTH is planned.

I can also confirm that the cabinets (FTTC) in Castlebar are already vectoring enabled.

Thanks
    Al
    Alan
    Can you include the link please?

Also, maybe I got my terminology wrong, but if its not FTTH, what is the service that will provide Gigabyte speeds per the attached
    link ?  Castlebar is listed here, plus I recieved an invite to express interest a few months ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Hi captain_boycott

Apologies - here's the link

http://www.eircomwholesale.ie/Our_Network/

You will notice Castlebar is not listed on this. This may be because the map requires updating - I'll look in to that and get back to you

Thanks
    Al

Hi captain_boycott

You will notice Castlebar is not listed on this. This may be because the map requires updating - I'll look in to that and get back to you

Thanks
    Al
    Thanks Alan, if would be great if you could look into this a bit further please.  According to the link Castlebar is already live and the comments say 

"Castlebar (Mayo)

6390 premises in this exchange can now access up to 100Mb/s fibre broadband. This is a planned FTTH exchange with speeds up to 1000Mb/s when complete."

So any more specific info on if Estates around Kilkenny Cross will be included would really be appreciated.  My current connection although e-Fibre, is only giving me 600Kb upload, so is not good enough for my work especially when trying to use Video Conferencing.

Hi captain_boycott

Thanks
    Al
    Thanks Alan, if would be great if you could look into this a bit further please.  According to the link Castlebar is already live and the comments say 

"Castlebar (Mayo)

6390 premises in this exchange can now access up to 100Mb/s fibre broadband. This is a planned FTTH exchange with speeds up to 1000Mb/s when complete."

So any more specific info on if Estates around Kilkenny Cross will be included would really be appreciated.  My current connection although e-Fibre, is only giving me 600Kb upload, so is not good enough for my work especially when trying to use Video Conferencing.
    Any updates Alan?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 795 ✭✭✭eircom: Tracey

Hi captain_boycott

Thanks
    Al

"Castlebar (Mayo)

Any updates Alan?
    Hi captain_boycott, 

I'm afraid we have no update on this as of yet. We've passed this feedback on. 

Apologies for the delays. 

Thanks

Tracey  

its been over 3 months since I asked the question - any updates guys?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭eir: Tracey

its been over 3 months since I asked the question - any updates guys?
    Hi captain_boycott,

I've checked this for you and I'm afraid we have no further updates on this at present. 

The roll out plans are available on - http://fibrerollout.ie/where-and-when/mayo/
    This advises of all area's that will be upgraded and timeframes.

Thanks 

Tracey 

Advertisement