Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Weird issue with Whatsapp

• 20-08-2015 11:04am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭

Hi folks,

This happens to me pretty regularly but if I save an image from a web page or an iMessage, I can see it in 'Photos' on the iphone desktop.

However, if I go into WhatsApp and try and attach the photo, it doesn't show up. Everything else previously will. And I can take a screen grab or save another image from a different page and it will be visible.

But that image is never picked up by whatsapp. Anyone experience that?

Quad

ps. On an iPhone 5 at the moment but have noticed it on my old and my wife's iPhone 6 as well.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭bop1977

On the phone. Go into settings, privacy, photos, and allow whatsapp access to your photos.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

bop1977 wrote: »
    On the phone. Go into settings, privacy, photos, and allow whatsapp access to your photos.

No, that's already enabled. I can open the photo gallery in whatsapp but some of the photos don't show. They can be seen going through the normal photo app but cannot be viewed when trying to attach a photo through whatsapp.

(if that makes sense). Happened again yesterday. Saved a photo from safari. It could be viewed in the photo app but couldn't be seen through whatsapp to attach. So I opened it in the photo app, took a screen grab. The screengrab COULD be viewed through the whatsapp photo attach screen so that's what I used.

But it's annoying!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

What version of iOS is on it? Could you go to the photo app and from the photo press the share button and select whatsapp?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 966 ✭✭✭Mourinho

First try a hard reset by holding the home and power button. If it doesn't fix it try reinstalling the app and see how it goes?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,408 ✭✭✭naasrd

quad_red wrote: »
    No, that's already enabled. I can open the photo gallery in whatsapp but some of the photos don't show. They can be seen going through the normal photo app but cannot be viewed when trying to attach a photo through whatsapp.

(if that makes sense). Happened again yesterday. Saved a photo from safari. It could be viewed in the photo app but couldn't be seen through whatsapp to attach. So I opened it in the photo app, took a screen grab. The screengrab COULD be viewed through the whatsapp photo attach screen so that's what I used.

But it's annoying!

It could be an iCloud issue, seeing photos stored on the phone but not in the cloud.

• Advertisement
Advertisement