Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

best credit card Merchants for cafe

Options
  • 20-08-2015 11:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭

Hi I am opening a cafe soon.

I am looking for any advice on which credit card merchants or till system to use,I see so many options online would like any advice who's the best cheapest etc

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

If you do a search this has been asked hundreds of times so you'll see a lot of responses from people in a range of industry's. What works best for you is going to depend on arpu, monthly turnover, do you mind having a merchant account or prefer to go with something not directly from a bank, is it only face to face sales or do you do online/phone sales for delivery, do you need a system you can take to shows etc thats all going to impact what the best option is.

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭deadwood85

yes I saw a few threads but most are a few years old.

We will be doing face to face sales price points 2/10 euro.

If you are looking at processing <€10k/month then you are better off looking at the more modern options like SumUp, Syspay etc the ones that run via app instead of the more traditional ones that go via merchant account. If you are looking at doing >€10k then you are better off approaching the traditional processors to see what sort of package they can offer.

You can search via just this forum and sort it by most recent and it will give quite a lot of recent posts about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭deadwood85

Thanks. Yes we would be doing 10k> plus a month do you recommend anyone?

Then its probably worth contact your own bank plus a few others and then some of the processors like Realex the structure will likely to be a little bit different it will normally be a package of X transactions for a certain price they probably have plenty of coffee shops on their books so I would imagine they have a package especially for small transactions like that.

For till system my preference is for cloud based ones I use Pose but there are loads out there and most will have a set up specifically to be used for cafes. If you are with AIB and end up using them for processing too then they have Clover probably makes things smoother if you go with them for all three.

• Advertisement
Advertisement