Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WifiHub

Options
  • 20-08-2015 12:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I tried registering for WifiHub (https://secure.eircom.net/apps/wifiHub/register.html) but after entering my details, it just comes to a blank page.  Tried from 3 different machines and still the same.

I called 1901 (3 times in total), did a webchat online and no-one seems to know what they're talking about all.
    I keep getting passed around, without anyone seemingly knowing what this is, or how to deal with it.

Can I get some assistance registering for Wifihub please?
    Just looking for a username and password so I can use the service.

Thanks in advance..

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Mickalus wrote: »
    Hi,

I tried registering for WifiHub (https://secure.eircom.net/apps/wifiHub/register.html) but after entering my details, it just comes to a blank page.  Tried from 3 different machines and still the same.

I called 1901 (3 times in total), did a webchat online and no-one seems to know what they're talking about all.
    I keep getting passed around, without anyone seemingly knowing what this is, or how to deal with it.

Can I get some assistance registering for Wifihub please?
    Just looking for a username and password so I can use the service.

Thanks in advance..

Hi Mickalus

To get a username and password you must firstly register.

WiFi hub is only available for free to existing eircom broadband customers, Emobile & Meteor customers

Follow here to register if you are an eircom broadband customer https://secure.eircom.net/apps/wifiHub/register.html

Follow here to learn how to register by text if you are an Emobile customer: http://www.eircom.net/wifihub/register-eircom-wifi-hotspot/emobile/

Follow here to learn how to register by text if you are a Meteor customer: http://www.eircom.net/wifihub/register-eircom-wifi-hotspot/meteor/

If you're a non-eircom customer you can still avail of eircom WiFiHub. You'll get the first 10 minutes free, after that you can purchase access until midnight for €1. Simply connect to the Internet at one of the Hotspots and follow the payment instructions on screen.

Thanks
    Al

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Mickalus

Hello Alan,

Thanks for your reply.

I tried registering online, and it did not work.......  (3 different computers)

Is there a plan B? (Can I PM You my details for you to do it for me for example?)

Thanks.

Hello Alan,

Thanks for your reply.

Is there a plan B? (Can I PM You my details for you to do it for me for example?)

Thanks.
    Hi Mickalus

The online option is online and it must be done by the user I'm afraid

Have you tried the links I have provided? I have used them juts now and they are working.Are you a emobile, meteor mobile or eircom broadband customer

Thanks

Al

Hello Alan,

Thanks for your reply.

Thanks.
    Hi Mickalus

Have you tried the links I have provided? You mentioned you tried but I gave you different links above Micklaus. I have tested them just now and they are working. Are you a emobile, meteor mobile or eircom broadband customer? If you're registering using meteor or emobile AC details it has to be done by text (as advised in the emobile and meteor links above)

Thanks

Al

I am an Eircom Broadband customer, and have tried the link provided.
    I enter in my details, it just goes to a blank page when I hit submit. No feedback, etc.

Edit: I am neither an eMobile or Meteor customer.....

Any other options?

• Advertisement

Hello Alan,

Thanks for your reply.

Thanks.
    Hi Mickalus

Have you tried the links I have provided? You mentioned you tried but I gave you different links above Micklaus. I have tested them just now and they are working. Are you a emobile, meteor mobile or eircom broadband customer? If you're registering using meteor or emobile AC details it has to be done by text (as advised in the emobile and meteor links above)

Thanks

Al
    Hi Al,

I got this email reply below from a query I had sent earlier. I asked for clarification and got the same response sent back again.
    Also I had called 1901 before opening this thread and got passed from pillar to post. The one thing I heard was that Wifi Hub got taken over by a new brand name/company. 

Looks like it's not going to happen for me today.....

Are other people still using this service today? The Wifi Hub's are still active? right?
    If I wanted to use it and pay as a non-eircom customer, can I still do that?

[font=Calibri, sans-serif]Dear Customer,[font=Calibri, sans-serif] [/font][/font]
    [font=Calibri, sans-serif]The service is under review and is no longer accepting new registrations. Apologies for any inconvenience caused. Thank you.[/font]
    [font=Calibri, sans-serif] [font=Calibri, sans-serif]Kind Regards,
    [/font]
    [font=Calibri, sans-serif]eircom.net Residential Technical Support.[/font][/font]

Hello Alan,

Thanks for your reply.

Thanks.
    Hi Mickalus

Thanks

Al
    Hi Al,

I got this email reply below from a query I had sent earlier. I asked for clarification and got the same response sent back again.
    Also I had called 1901 before opening this thread and got passed from pillar to post. The one thing I heard was that Wifi Hub got taken over by a new brand name/company. 

Looks like it's not going to happen for me today.....

Are other people still using this service today? The Wifi Hub's are still active? right?
    If I wanted to use it and pay as a non-eircom customer, can I still do that?

[font=Calibri, sans-serif]Dear Customer,[font=Calibri, sans-serif] [/font][/font]
    [font=Calibri, sans-serif]The service is under review and is no longer accepting new registrations. Apologies for any inconvenience caused. Thank you.[/font]
    [font=Calibri, sans-serif] [font=Calibri, sans-serif]Kind Regards,
    [/font]
    [font=Calibri, sans-serif]eircom.net Residential Technical Support.[/font][/font]
    Hi Mickalus

I have request clarification on this from operations - as soon as I have an update I'll be right back to you.

I'm very sorry about this Micklaus

Thanks
    Al

I have request clarification on this from operations - as soon as I have an update I'll be right back to you.

Thanks
    Al
    Hi Al,

I was in a Supermacs over the weekend and was able to use a WifiHub without any need for a username / password.
    Looks like the overall usage policy has changed and the details about it online hasn't. Seems to be free for everyone atm.

(FYI, I was 'on call' at the weekend and was trying to ensure I had places to access t'internet while out and about over the weekend in case I got a call out, Had to have a plan in place!)

Cheers anyway!

Thanks
    Al
    Hi Al,

I was in a Supermacs over the weekend and was able to use a WifiHub without any need for a username / password.
    Looks like the overall usage policy has changed and the details about it online hasn't. Seems to be free for everyone atm.

(FYI, I was 'on call' at the weekend and was trying to ensure I had places to access t'internet while out and about over the weekend in case I got a call out, Had to have a plan in place!)

Cheers anyway!
    No problem Mickalus

Perhaps Supermacs has it set to open - it's not unusual for them to do so to be honest :)

I have been advised by our support team that A new platform is going to come soon (date unknown yet) which why you might be getting this in the mean.

The support team have offered to try register you from here if you could send all the required details from the registration form :)?

Al

No problem Mickalus

Perhaps Supermacs has it set to open - it's not unusual for them to do so to be honest :)

I have been advised by our support team that A new platform is going to come soon (date unknown yet) which why you might be getting this in the mean.

The support team have offered to try register you from here if you could send all the required details from the registration form :)?

Al
    Cheers,  I've PM'd you my details.

• Advertisement

No problem Mickalus

Al
    Cheers,  I've PM'd you my details.
    Hi Mickalus

Brilliant thanks for that I'll let you know asap :)

Al

Advertisement