Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Upgrade memory in PS3 (current 12GB)

Options
  • 20-08-2015 12:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    My partner wants to play GTA V online against my son, but his PS3 is a 12 GB and it requires more memory (up to 1TB we're told).

Can anyone recommend an online seller of the required item please?

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

mumof2 wrote: »
    Hi,
    My partner wants to play GTA V online against my son, but his PS3 is a 12 GB and it requires more memory (up to 1TB we're told).

Can anyone recommend an online seller of the required item please?

Thanks.

Just search for PS3 Hard Drive and mounting bracket on Amazon. It's very easy to install yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭mumof2

Just search for PS3 Hard Drive and mounting bracket on Amazon. It's very easy to install yourself.

Ok, thanks. I'll give that a go, but is a mounting bracket really needed??

And for anyone that knows the answer: Would my own ps3 do the trick which has 100 GB free space, for GTA V online? Thanks

I've heard of people holding them up with wedges of card (which I definitely wouldn't recommend) but for peace of mind I'd get the mounting bracket - the bracket holds the drive in place inside the PS3 and makes the installation fool proof. They are doing deals for the HD and bracket at the moment on amazon.co.uk at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,706 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

And for anyone that knows the answer: Would my own ps3 do the trick which has 100 GB free space, for GTA V online? Thanks

Don't see any reason your PS3 won't work.

Also, no way would a GTA V install require the full 1TB!

Ah yeah, I couldn't see there being any problem there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭mumof2

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    Don't see any reason your PS3 won't work.

Also, no way would a GTA V install require the full 1TB!

Ah, we know that, but what's the minimum requirement so:confused::confused:
    We will go with 500GB I'd say...
    Thanks for all tips:)

Advertisement