Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Order messages by amount of thanks ?

Options
  • 20-08-2015 1:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    Was just wondering is it possible (for regular users) to order a list of posts in a thread by amount of thanks - it would be a good way to get the best posts in a thread - such as that "anything nervy or creepy happen to you" in AH.

SQL wise I'd imagine it's a very simple query, however stress wise on the boards dbs I can imagine it's something restricted to mods.

If so could one request a query ?

Actually that's another idea, a Petition Query system on boards ... hmmmm...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭The Randy Riverbeast

There's actually a way to sort all the posts if you search the thread between 2 dates and select sort by most thanks in the top right. You have to click on the posts to read any longer ones.

Not ideal or pretty but it will put the posts in order of thanks.

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,727 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

Click Search this thread -> Advanced Search -> type "*" into query box and search -> Sort by "Most thanks".

Screenies:

359235.png

359236.png

359237.png

If you're on mobile, there's no option afaik.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,812 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

Hey hulla, thanks for that.

I tried that myself, and all I got was the usual red X with no hits. Then I remembered I was using the old unsupported White skin, which it definitely doesn't work with.

@the_monkey: I've deleted my reply above as it's out and out wrong. Follow hullaballoo's directions and it should work without problem.

-Shield.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

Thanks lads ! works great

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement