Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Timber frame company

Options
  • 20-08-2015 2:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭

Hi I'm about to undertake my first self build and after much research have decided to go down the timber frame route. Has anyone used a company recently that they would recommend? If you could pm me details that'd be great. We're building in Co. Wicklow btw.

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,992 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Mod Note: Recommendations by PM only. Thanks.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,458 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

skittles11 wrote: »
    Hi I'm about to undertake my first self build and after much research have decided to go down the timber frame route. Has anyone used a company recently that they would recommend? If you could pm me details that'd be great. We're building in Co. Wicklow btw.

You will have to wait for the new Building Control Regulations to commence before you can self build.

Are you up to scratch on the allowable on site tolerances etc that come with Timber Frames in order for them to be signed off?

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Tee456

hi, can i ask how did you get on? did you find a timber frame company? would you recommend them? as i am about to start a house myself!

Advertisement