Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Beginner accordion

• 20-08-2015 2:27pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭

I am looking for some advice on buying an accordion for my dad. He has a huge interest in traditional music and has been mentioning he would like to try learn the accordion.

I dont know much about them myself so I am looking for any opinions on what I should buy him. Im pretty sure its a button accordion he will want but im not sure what key I should get it in and how many buttons.

Im open to buying new or second hand but id be wary of second hand as Im not too sure what to check for when buying one.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,371 ✭✭✭✭endacl

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭Drexel

endacl wrote: »

yeah looked through a few sites but looking for people who arent trying to sell ones opinions

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,371 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Drexel wrote: »
    yeah looked through a few sites but looking for people who arent trying to sell ones opinions

Ah, Sean's grand. He'd be happy to sell you one, but won't go out of his way to sell you one. And knows his stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Yffisch

Buy a good instrument from the start. At least a minimum cost of $600 or something. Otherwise you will probably not be motivated of getting anywhere and there will be a lack of musical quality and everything will be much harder. With a good accordion, then the possibilities of doing whatever you want with the instrument are much bigger and it feels more comfortable to play with and you can do nice triplets and fast stuff much easier :)

Advertisement