Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Using Twitter App with iPhone - Problem with # and @...?

• 20-08-2015 3:28pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,408 ✭✭✭

I use Twitter's own app with my iPhone 4S.

Previously, when composing a tweet, if I typed #, as soon as I typed any text after it, I would be prompted with things that were hashtagged on Twitter before then.

Similarly, if I typed @, as soon as I typed text after it, I would be prompted with the Twitter names of people/organisations I am following.

Both of these have stopped.

Is there something in Twitter's (or my iPhone's) settings that I might have changed?

Many thanks.

D.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Zcott

Try restarting your phone, force quitting the app, and if that doesn't work, reinstalling the app.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,408 ✭✭✭Dinarius

Zcott wrote: »
    Try restarting your phone, force quitting the app, and if that doesn't work, reinstalling the app.

Many thanks.

Yes, a re-install worked, at least for the @ prompts. But, the prompts are barely visible on the screen in a space between the text you're typing and the upload photo option. Terrible design.

However, the # prompts (as in, what's trending) still didn't work. A quick Google seems to indicate that the Twitter app no longer does this, though I could be wrong.

Anyway, I re-installed Twitterific, an app I used to use. It has been totally redesigned is a thing of beauty! :P

When # or @ are activated, they simply appear where the upload photo option is (coz you can't do both at once, right?) allowing plenty of space to read the following or trending options. Common sense design. Much better than Twitter's own app.

Perfect.

Thanks again.

D.

Advertisement