Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Home rule club

Options
  • 20-08-2015 3:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,965 ✭✭✭

Is there some reason why it only opens @ 20.30?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭hi5

Probably little demand/custom before that time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,965 ✭✭✭Help!!!!

hi5 wrote: »
    Probably little demand/custom before that time.

They have snooker tables, cheap beer...I think there missing out on a lot of custom. Probably wouldn't be as close to closing if run better

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

or maybe it's doing well enough not to need to open earlier

or maybe it's doing well enough not to need to open earlier

Theres a sign up outside that's its for sale

• Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭Threadhead

It's a brilliant spot (huge beer garden and upstairs area), cheapest pints in town but doesn't really go out of its way to elicit much custom. Considering how that area has been opened up by the pedestrian bridge it could prove to be quite a lucrative business venture should someone want to invest in it.

• Advertisement

Threadhead wrote: »
    It's a brilliant spot (huge beer garden and upstairs area), cheapest pints in town but doesn't really go out of its way to elicit much custom. Considering how that area has been opened up by the pedestrian bridge it could prove to be quite a lucrative business venture should someone want to invest in it.

Didn't even realise it had a beer garden. Do the members run it? Whats the average age?

• Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭Threadhead

Members run it. I always used to think it was members only, but it's not. They're genuinely very welcoming in there. It used to be good craic when it was the Arts Festival club but they stopped that this year. I reckon the average punter in there is in their 50's so it's definitely a much older clientele.

Threadhead wrote: »
    Members run it. I always used to think it was members only, but it's not. They're genuinely very welcoming in there. It used to be good craic when it was the Arts Festival club but they stopped that this year. I reckon the average punter in there is in their 50's so it's definitely a much older clientele.

Yeah I guess they could do with some young blood to update the website, advertise get some younger people in
    Really missing out with the late opening

Advertisement