Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"Crowdfunding" properties

Options
  • 20-08-2015 4:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭

Surely these things are too good to be true? http://www.daft.ie/sales/south-circular-road-south-circular-road-dublin/1091953/

Seen a few similar ones now, and €4k return pa with potential for €5k on a €25k investment seems pretty phenomenal. Aside from the ethical question of being responsible for these dumps, there's no way they're giving a 16-20% return on a smallish lump sum that easily?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,223 ✭✭✭Michael D Not Higgins

benjamin d wrote: »
    Surely these things are too good to be true? http://www.daft.ie/sales/south-circular-road-south-circular-road-dublin/1091953/

Seen a few similar ones now, and €4k return pa with potential for €5k on a €25k investment seems pretty phenomenal. Aside from the ethical question of being responsible for these dumps, there's no way they're giving a 16-20% return on a smallish lump sum that easily?

BS, I saw this listed in the AH funny places to rent/buy thread and instantly called out the return as unrealistic.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,599 ✭✭✭✭CIARAN_BOYLE

benjamin d wrote: »

10% turnover before expenses which will eat up most of the turnover is my estimate assuming maximum occupancy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭newacc2015

If you google the agents company. There is no google results for it. I cant seem to find them on the PSR list of registered agents. They dont even give their full name. They have a house listed at €4000 per month with one photo. They seem a bit dodgy to me

• Registered Users Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭Greenmachine

Rental yield sound ridiculous, average rent roll per unit of over €1000 on what are essentially bedsits.

Imagine dealing with a tenant, when they stop paying rent, if you have another 24 landlords, who all want to deal with non paying tenants differently.

• Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭benjamin d

Say if someone did buy in, what's the story with selling your stake again? I'd imagine you're fully at the mercy of the agent who could hold you to ransom?

• Advertisement
Advertisement