Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Efibre installed but not working

Options
  • 20-08-2015 4:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭

Hi. Was delighted to find out efibre was in the area. Rang up and no fuss , appointment made to change over to fibre . Technician came on Monday, connected us. Was told it would turn on in a few hours, it didn't. Was told on the phone it would take 24 hours. Have no internet. Was told there's a fault at the cabinet , probably on the wrong port. Every TV Is connected to the net. So no TV. Can't Skype family. And I've decided to take 2 weeks off work and work from home. But with out internet I can't. Was told technician would be out before Friday now possibly could be Monday. The attitude on phone is basically hard luck. Just not good enough. If it was done properly in the first place I wouldn't be in this mess. Surely treating your customers like this is bad form. I'll pm my account. If you could look into it please. Thanks. Christian

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Hi. Was delighted to find out efibre was in the area. Rang up and no fuss , appointment made to change over to fibre . Technician came on Monday, connected us. Was told it would turn on in a few hours, it didn't. Was told on the phone it would take 24 hours. Have no internet. Was told there's a fault at the cabinet , probably on the  wrong port. Every TV Is connected to the net. So no TV. Can't Skype family. And I've decided to take 2 weeks off work and work from home. But with out internet I can't. Was told technician would be out before Friday now possibly could be Monday. The attitude on phone is basically hard luck. Just not good enough. If it was done properly in the first place I wouldn't be in this mess. Surely treating your customers like this is bad form. I'll pm my account. If you could look into it please. Thanks. Christian
    I'm very sorry to hear this darkestlord

Please PM me your eircom account number and I'll look in to this for you

Thanks
    Al

• Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭darkestlord

I'm very sorry to hear this darkestlord

Please PM me your eircom account number and I'll look in to this for you

Thanks
    Al

Pm sent. Thanks for the reply

Thanks for your PM darkestlord

I have raised this to managers in technical support who have advised me that it has already been arranged to sent this case for resolution to eircom engineers. The engineer is scheduled to have this fully resolved within the next three working days. Apologies for this negative first impression darkestlord - we will ensure you are not charged for service until it works.

Thanks
    Al

I have raised this to managers in technical support who have advised me that it has already been arranged to sent this case for resolution to eircom engineers. The engineer is scheduled to have this fully resolved within the next three working days. Apologies for this negative first impression darkestlord - we will ensure you are not charged for service until it works.

Thanks
    Al

Thanks Al. For the quick response. So you're saying 3 working days from today or when the problem was sent to your technician. That was Tuesday evening. Because if it's today , it could be next Tuesday. And if so, that's a total balls up. I had next week planned with the chaps at home, doing a few bits at home on the PC. Now I gotta cancel that.

Thanks
    Al

Thanks Al. For the quick response. So you're saying 3 working days from today or when the problem was sent to your technician. That was Tuesday evening. Because if it's today , it could be next Tuesday. And if so, that's a total balls up. I had next week planned with the chaps at home, doing a few bits at home on the PC. Now I gotta cancel that.
    Hi darkestlord

Management in technical have told me that this was previously advised to you - I'm genuinely sorry to hear this is not the case. I have requested urgency on this however I'm currently unable to guarantee an earlier date. Please note the advised timeframe is (within 3 days) and hopefully with a request for escalation this will not disturb your plans.

Thanks
    Al

• Advertisement

Hi Al. I wanted to say thank you for getting the problem sorted... Sort of :)
    Internet was turned on yesterday. It's not the fibre but we're happy to have it back. We got a text saying there's a problem with the fibre. Just wondering if you could check what the problem is and give us a time limit on the fibre if possible. Many thanks again. C

Hi Al. I wanted to say thank you for getting the problem sorted... Sort of :)
    Internet was turned on yesterday. It's not the fibre but we're happy to have it back. We got a text saying there's a problem with the fibre. Just wondering if you could check what the  problem is and give us a time limit on the fibre if possible. Many thanks again. C
    You're most welcome darkestlord

I will need to escalate this to our eFibre operations team and request clarity surrounding the issue, As soon as I have more info I'll get back to you right away although I think a time-frame of 24hrs is most realistic right now. Leave it with me :)

Cheers
    Al

I will need to escalate this to our eFibre operations team and request clarity surrounding the issue, As soon as I have more info I'll get back to you right away although I think a time-frame of 24hrs is most realistic right now. Leave it with me :)

Cheers
    Al

Hi Al

My wife got this from Eircom earlier

Dear Customer,
    The engineer has advised that the fault affecting your broadband SHOULD now be resolved. We would very much like to ensure that your eFibre service is now working and we would ask you to call us on 1901 (free number) SHOULD you have any further issues and we would be happy to assist you. 
    Thank you, Eircom.

I speed tested it and it's still same speed. A little over 6mb. Don't mean to be awkward but there's no point in ringing up . It's just very painful. If you could see what the problem is. I'd appreciate it. Thanks Christian

Edit 1129am

Wife just rang saying text again from Eircom. Efibre should be online. Speed test gave back same results. Not sure if we should reset the hub .

CHRISTIAN

Cheers
    Al

Hi Al

Dear Customer,
    The engineer has advised that the fault affecting your broadband SHOULD now be resolved. We would very much like to ensure that your eFibre service is now working and we would ask you to call us on 1901 (free number) SHOULD you have any further issues and we would be happy to assist you. 
    Thank you, Eircom.

I speed tested it and it's still same speed. A little over 6mb. Don't mean to be awkward but there's no point in ringing up . It's just very painful.  If you could  see what the problem is. I'd appreciate it. Thanks Christian

Edit 1129am

Wife just rang saying text again from Eircom. Efibre should be online. Speed test gave back same results. Not sure if we should reset the hub .

CHRISTIAN
    Hi darkestlord

I just tried calling you myself but got through to your wife I believe - I've sent the request to increase the speeds and I'm awaiting confirmation now - as soon as I have more info I'll let you know. Also feel free to PM me your specific contact number..

Cheer
    Al

Cheers
    Al

Hi Al

Dear Customer,
    Thank you, Eircom.

I speed tested it and it's still same speed. A little over 6mb. Don't mean to be awkward but there's no point in ringing up . It's just very painful.  If you could  see what the problem is. I'd appreciate it. Thanks Christian

Edit 1129am

CHRISTIAN
    Hi darkestlord

I just tried calling you myself but got through to your wife I believe - I've sent the request to increase the speeds and I'm awaiting confirmation now - as soon as I have more info I'll let you know. Also feel free to PM me your specific contact number..

Cheer
    Al
    Thanks Al, the speed is upto 11mb. Any idea what the average is on our estate or area. Was hoping for more than that. Thank you for your help and patience. c

• Advertisement

Cheers
    Al

Hi Al

Dear Customer,
    Thank you, Eircom.

Edit 1129am

CHRISTIAN
    Hi darkestlord

Cheer
    Al
    Thanks Al, the speed is upto 11mb. Any idea what the average is on our estate or area. Was hoping for more than that. Thank you for your help and patience. c
    Hi darkestlord

I had been advised that for some reason the max speed available right now is up to 12Mb, I know that's not much of an improvement however I have been advised that this is being investigated by technical support. As soon as I have more information I'll let you know right away.

Thanks
    Al

Advertisement