Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Timetable Clash.

• 20-08-2015 4:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭

I was just looking through my second year timetable for Undenominated Science - I'm doing two Pharmacology electives, a French elective and then Biochemistry and Physics.

I was trying to figure out my timetable and it seems that in the first semester, my Physics lab is going to clash with my Pharmacology lab, even though they are the modules that I've been registered to, and they are the subjects and electives that the college of Science have said I can take.

I'm not sure what to do about this, as they are the electives I've been told I can do. But, I will be unable to do both, so will I have to change some classes?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27 chocice94

They'll probably try to accommodate you in other lab slots but if there are none available then yes you would have to change certain subjects around.

A 4th Year Undenominated Science Student.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭Kayleigh..

chocice94 wrote: »
    They'll probably try to accommodate you in other lab slots but if there are none available then yes you would have to change certain subjects around.

A 4th Year Undenominated Science Student.

Well, there's a PH215 lab at 2PM on Tuesday and a PH216 lab at the same time and then there's the same labs later at the week on Thursday at 2PM. So I'm going to have to attend a PH215 lab and a PH216 lab so I'm going to have to attend one on Tuesday and the other on Wednesday. Then the Pharmacology lab is at 2PM on Tuesday and it's the only lab for the week :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 346 ✭✭Celestial12

Email Claire or Cora in the College of Science office and they'll sort it out for you. They do sometimes make mistakes when allocating subjects. Two people I know who were doing Microbiology in second year were not given BO201 which was a core module for that subject, it was cleared up within the first week or so though. If you can't attend your labs without clashes then you'll have to move. Lab attendance is compulsory.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭Kayleigh..

I emailed them there on like Tuesday, no reply :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 27 chocice94

They're probably busy sorting out all the returning students, I'd wait until college starts at this point and then go into the College of Science office and see if you can work something out?

• Advertisement
Advertisement