Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Notice to Estate Agent / Landlord

Options
  • 20-08-2015 4:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭

Hi there,

I've been agreed a closing date of 2 weeks with vendor/solicitor to get the keys of house buying process.
    My current Tenancy lease has been lapsed last month and has not renewed yet.
    This is first time I would be moving to own house if we get the keys after two weeks if everything go as planned.

Would you suggest that could I give 1 month notice from today to my Landlord/Agent and if its safe to move stuff in two weeks after closing date or should I wait until I get the keys and then give one month or 15 days’ notice to my current Landlord?

Currently, there is no beds in bedrooms and we wouldn't worry for kitchen as few kitchen appliances are coming with sale agreed price.

Would that be possible to buy beds/mattresses within two weeks of our notice to landlord or after getting possession after closing date?

Could anybody share a checklist I should make beforehand to get things organised or any other tips you can suggest?

Thanks and best regards.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭dori_dormer

Here's a useful link

http://http://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/housing/renting_a_home/types_of_tenancy.html

There's a section on how much notice you have to give your landlord based on how long you've stayed. If you haven't renewed your lease you are now on part 4

You can of course agree a shorter notice period with your landlord in writing if he's agreeable.

I personally wouldn't buy anything unless I've the keys in my hand as closing dates get moved and changed lots

• Registered Users Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭Arbiter of Good Taste

Depending where you buy the beds, they will hold them for a reasonable amount of time before delivery. Arnotts, for example, are quite good with that.

I wouldn't see a problem with buying the beds, but just wait until you have the keys to agree delivery. You may be without a bed for a few days, but that's par for the course in your first house anyway!

I would say, make sure you buy from somewhere that doesn't require a long lead in period (eg to get things shipped from overseas), so ask before you hand over the credit card!

Advertisement