Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limerick City Fire and Rescue are recruiting

Options
  • 20-08-2015 5:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,754 ✭✭✭

http://www.limerick.ie/council/current-job-vacancies
    Full Time Fire Fighter
    Limerick City and County Council requires full-time fire-fighters.

If you are interested in applying for these positions, you must have successfully completed a physical fitness test by 5p.m. on 28th September 2015.

Full details in relation to the test and the position generally are available on the Briefing Document

Candidates may be shortlisted on the basis of qualifications and experience.

Limerick City & County Council is an equal opportunities employer

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭mojopin10

Any idea of the expected volume of interest for this?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭glic83

mojopin10 wrote: »
    Any idea of the expected volume of interest for this?

Interest will be high I'd say, the problem is the money doesn't look great starting off, €860 gross per fortnight. I presume (open to correction) this is the rate you would start at during your 12 month probation, after your training. Maybe somebody could confirm this. Either way I could see the rate of pay being a serious issue for people who are in full-time employment but couldn't take the reduction in wages due to other issues.

Jesus that money is awful alright thought that was a week

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,341 ✭✭✭D Trent

Yerra I'm sure you could buy a house for cheap enough in Moyross or Carew Park, with a bus service into town.

Be graaand

Would you get more with shift allowance unsocial hours etc?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,388 ✭✭✭sjb25

Would you get more with shift allowance unsocial hours etc?

I'd hope so god that pay not great at all

REMUNERATION
    The current wage scale for Firefighter is:
    €859.20 -€1699.24 (including LSI) per fortnight gross. This is subject to change at the direction of the Council.

ALLOWANCES, OVERTIME and COMPENSATORY LEAVE
    The position qualifies for a series of allowances, overtime and compensatory leave in recognition of the unsocial hours,additional time worked and in accordance with the Council's obligations under the Organisation of Working Time Act.
    These are as determined by the City and County Council from time to time and are subject to change. Currently it is proposed that the recruit fire fighter will receive in addition to basic wage a Saturday Allowance, a Meal Allowance and additional per hour payments for working Nights Sundays and Public Holidays. No other allowance such as “living out allowance” is payable.

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭pauld81

Spoke to HR, that min rate is recruit firefighter with no prior experience. The rate goes up depending on experience and qualifications.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 DeltaDelta

Has anyone any idea on what would be considered a reasonable distance from the station? The pay is a bit low alright.

And can anyone shed any light as to why a full time person has to live a certain distance from work? Seems odd when it's not retained

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28 DeltaDelta

Maybe it's a sign of things to come? It could be a way of reducing the number of applicants, i.e. if you are not living in the catchment area, then you will go no further with the application.

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭apc

And can anyone shed any light as to why a full time person has to live a certain distance from work? Seems odd when it's not retained

Once you can turn up to work at the start of your shift you can live any where you like, You are not on call

It's says in the booklet you need to live a reasonable distance from the station

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭apc

It's says in the booklet you need to live a reasonable distance from the station

The reason they say reasonable and dont specify a time or distance from the station is because you are not on call. There are people working there who live 40+ miles from the station and did so when they applied for the position

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 oneway1

Does anyone no how many there looking for

10 people is what I heard, anyone else hear anything different?

There seems to be a few places doing psychometric training , who are people going with for the training?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 oneway1

I'm doing mine with test preparations it's a two day course

• Closed Accounts Posts: 332 ✭✭Fire1985

oneway1 wrote: »

It's beneficial but very expensive.

With regard to where you need to live, I know lads commuting 2 hours each way to work. U can live where u want . They can't make u move

With regard to where you need to live, I know lads commuting 2 hours each way to work. U can live where u want . They can't make u move

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 4 sjc10

Does anyone know when the aptitude tests might be held?Its a little soon after the closing date I know...

• Registered Users Posts: 33 seekingthetruth

Aptitude/Psychometric test is next Monday the 12th of October, Does anyone have any good links for sample tests that are free to download and print off?

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Shawshank999

Hi guys, anyone do the aptitude test on Monday ?
    What ye think of it?
    How did ye feel it went?
    I though it was tough and did not finish??

Advertisement