Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

An Post Parcel - Wrong Destination on Receipt

Options
  • 20-08-2015 5:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭

Hi
    Im just after posting 2 parcels to 2 separate addresses - 1 in Cork and 1 in Northern Ireland.
    I'm just after looking at the receipts now, and I see the Destination for both parcels states Northern Ireland.

I was chatting to the girl at the counter so perhaps she got flustered and put in the wrong destination? Although she did mention that one was ireland and the other N. ireland.
    The Cork parcel MUST arrive tomorrow - if it gets shipped off to N. Ireland - it will be bad news.
    I rang An Post customer service but their office is closed til tomorrow morning.

Can anyone tell me - maybe someone who worked in An Post - if the destination on receipt is what's looked at? Or what system is used?
    I imagine the barcodes are looked at first and then the actual address is read next?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭boardzz

It will make no difference. The receipt it only for payment/charging purposes. They just look at the address for delivery.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭RichT

Did you write the addresses on the parcels yourself, or did The PO print off labels with the addresses on them?

If you wrote them yourself, then they will be the addresses that will be used to sort/deliver your parcels.

Regarding postage rates, if you have paid for both for N. Ireland, then you are more than covered for a delivery in Cork. The other way round might have caused you a problem (with the one going to N.Ireland)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,532 ✭✭✭delahuntv

Same price all ireland.

Only the address written on the parcel will be used and once it was posted before collection time, it will be delivered tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 69,038 ✭✭✭✭L1011

The Cork parcel MUST arrive tomorrow - if it gets shipped off to N. Ireland - it will be bad news.

Posted at "just now" at 5:52 - so presumably about 5pm?

There is a good chance it won't get there tomorrow in the first place.

As the others have said, the address is what matters. The receipts are printed seperately.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭milli milli

L1011 wrote: »
    Posted at "just now" at 5:52 - so presumably about 5pm?

There is a good chance it won't get there tomorrow in the first place.

It was posted at 4pm, before collection. I wasn't being literal! :)

That's good to know. Thanks for replies everyone

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,672 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

It was posted at 4pm, before collection. I wasn't being literal! :)

That's good to know. Thanks for replies everyone

Next Day delivery is not 100% guaranteed.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,786 ✭✭✭slimjimmc

Next Day delivery is not 100% guaranteed.
    That's assuming he didn't go with Express post.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Site Banned Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭Second Toughest in_the Freshers

How'd you get on anyway OP?

Advertisement