Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ultimate Cork City FC Team

• 20-08-2015 6:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,742 ✭✭✭

Hi.

I am trying to compile an Ultimate Cork City FC Team.

GK = Phil Harrington
    FB (l) = Danny Murphy
    FB (r) = Neal Horgan
    CB = Dan Murray
    CB = Alan Bennett
    DM = Joe Gamble
    W (l) = Ollie Cahill
    W (r) = Billy Woods
    AM = George O'Callaghan
    S = John Caulfield
    S = Pat Morley

Please post the exact player positions also.

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,561 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Worztron wrote: »
    Hi.

I am trying to compile an Ultimate Cork City FC Team.

GK = ?
    FB (l) = ?
    FB (r) = ?
    CB = ?
    CB = ?
    DM = ?
    W (l) = ?
    W (r) = ?
    AM = ?
    S = John Caulfield
    S = Pat Morley

Which club? Or just a gigantic mishmash of Cork clubs throughout history?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,742 ✭✭✭Worztron

CSF wrote: »

Only players who played for Cork City F.C. Founded 1984. :)

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭kksaints

Dan Murray would surely get in at Centre Back.

Also you might have more luck posting it in this thread on the Cork City forum.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056582813

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

wearing one of the best looking LOI jerseys that were ever made

$T2eC16J,!zYFIcUy7FOsBSMM1w87Jw~~60_35.JPG

kksaints wrote: »
    Dan Murray would surely get in at Centre Back. ...

Definitely. Post #1 updated accordingly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,838 ✭✭✭doncarlos

Daryl Horgan and Stephen O'Donnell would have to be there

kksaints wrote: »
    ... Also you might have more luck posting it in this thread on the Cork City forum.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056582813

I was thinking of posting the thread there initially but then thought since it's about soccer -- this may be more apt. I will post in the thread you mentioned and point them here. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Will throw few names out there for positions anyway.

Goalkeepers: The likes of Biscuits and Nults (last year or two) would be contenders but Devine is the best keeper I've seen play for City anyway.

Defenders: Dan Murray, Benno and Danny Murphy would all certainly be in there. Napier was probably the most consistent defender I've watched play for City, his injury robbed him of another 4 or 5 years of top level here. Hoggie is another obvious one.

Midfielders: Patsy is probably the stand out player in any position who should/would be in every team really, fantastic player. Though the move to Limerick soured his favour a bit with City fans (not me) Gamble was as dominant a midfielder as I've seen for City, always loved watching him. Healy as well has to be in there, although I admittedly haven't been as huge fan as some City fans of him, but he did have a 18 month - 2 season spell where he was terrific. Ollie was another one who lit up some cold Sunday mornings at the Cross, proper winger.

Strikers: Flynnie, when fit and on it, is one of the best City players I've seen. He looked way above the level of the league when he was on form and it's a shame injuries held him back. You'll also have the Morley's and Caulfield's too, I was always a Morley man myself. Roy would probably be in there too but perhaps his stay was a bit more fleeting than others.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

CSF wrote: »

"the Pride of Ringsend"

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 605 ✭✭✭Lemmy Scott

1 devine

2 fergus o donoughe 3 philip long
    4 declan daly

5 alan bennett

6 terry macdermott 7 dave barry 8 patsy freyne 10 trevor brooking

11 kevin doyle 9 pat morley

subs 12 myself
    13 shane long
    14 gerry macabe
    15 ollie cahill
    theres a few out of position but they were versatile in their day

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,393 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

Brooking played three times and was rubbish by accounts, McDermott only played a few times also, I don't think anyone should be on because they're a name.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭Pinturicchio

13 shane long

Did he even make an appearance for them?

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭shteve

You can't leave out the King!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Did he even make an appearance for them?

One sub league appearance if I remember right. May have been a league cup game or 2 also.

Thanks for the info guys.

What was Patsy Freyne's playing position(s)?

The team is near complete - expect maybe a few more deletes and adds.

What is your best left back and right mid/winger?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Worztron wrote: »
    Thanks for the info guys.

What was Patsy Freyne's playing position(s)?

Centre midfield.

As for left back and right winger. Danny Murphy and Gareth Cronin are the ones who stand out (from 90's on anyway, can't speak for before that)

Right winger is tougher, not a whole lot have stood out really. Billy Woods is the obvious one, Roy O'Donovan when he played there was good but was moved up front not too long after. Don't recall many natural right wingers, more like players who were sort of quick who played out there.

Kevin Doyle played a lot of games for city on the wing afair.

Would find it hard to omit John O'Flynn, suspect his scoring record per games played is better than Morley or Caulfield. He was just electric in the early 00s.

Advertisement