Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chances of getting this Delivery

Options
  • 20-08-2015 7:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭

I ordered a cd from play.com for delivery to lets say, Lower Browns Road, but it was only after order was dispatched I kopped on a big part of the address was missing. So it looks like this.

Joe Soap,
    55 Lower Browns Road,
    123456 (postal code) which is false of course.
    Ireland.

What are my chances of receiving this item, on a positive note when you google the address, only four choices come up, two of them being the upper and lower Browns road.

Does An Post google addresses:D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭Digital Society

No chance. Ring An Post.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

Email their support with your order number, explain your situation, say a prayer to St. Jude and you might get lucky.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭jmcc

An Post seem to be able to get some stuff through with partial addressing. It might take a bit longer but you still may get it.

Regards...jmcc

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭CardBordWindow

I managed to get a parcel delivered before without putting waterford in. Granted, I got it delivered to work, but I also didn't put in the company name! So basically I had
    Carbordwindow,
    IDA Industrial Estate,
    Cork Road,
    Ireland.

It was DHL I think though, not An Post.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

danjo-xx wrote: »
    Joe Soap,
    55 Lower Browns Road,
    123456 (postal code) which is false of course.
    Ireland.

Why use a false postcode when we have real ones now? The new postcodes identify the exact address too, which would surely be of benefit to you next time.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

It'll reach you, an Post are many things but they find their man.

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭MentalMario

Keep us updated.

I reckon it'll arrive, too. I've had stuff with partial addresses arrive. In saying that, it's always had the town or county on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

Cheers lads will let ye know the outcome. Mite email them as suggested.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,384 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

betting stalls are open lads!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,691 ✭✭✭michellie

I ordered something to my work address the other day and when i went back in to view the order Waterford was missing from the address(i definatly typed it in) but i had used the postcode so hoped i would recieve it that way.

Anyway it arrived 3 days later with the whole address on the label, so the website was trying to act the maggot.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭wobbles

Ive had packages delivered from a company in germany that despite putting in waterford on the forum, never printed it on the postage address. Luckily, my number was on it and a guy from An Post rang to confirm the address.

So they do have a department to deal with poor addresses.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

I had a package delivered that just had the house name and county on and even though there is a village with the same name in the county it ended up arriving it did take 6 weeks but I was impressed none the less!

Update from Anpost: :(
    If you have not received this item due to the insufficient address, you will need to revert to the senders and have them submit an official enquiry with their local Postal Authorities as they are the original carriers/insurers of the item and enquiries into the non delivery of all inbound international items needs to commence at the source as per Universal Postal Union procedures.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 232 ✭✭JenniFurr

I'd say you have a decent chance. My mother once sent me some documents through the post and she's not very literate. She got the name and street address right but sent it to Dundrum, Dublin instead of Dundalk when she confused it with an old address. Turned up with the wrong parts of the address crossed out and rewritten.

Also this allegedly made it to its destination
    http://img-9gag-fun.9cache.com/photo/azVq8Gp_700b.jpg

JenniFurr wrote: »
    I'd say you have a decent chance. My mother once sent me some documents through the post and she's not very literate. She got the name and street address right but sent it to Dundrum, Dublin instead of Dundalk when she confused it with an old address. Turned up with the wrong parts of the address crossed out and rewritten.

Also this allegedly made it to its destination
    http://img-9gag-fun.9cache.com/photo/azVq8Gp_700b.jpg

Amazing but in fairness an post do have a good reputation of getting lost mail to its destination, I bet mine is lying in central sorting office in portlaoise, or does it first arrrive in Dublin these days. Will just adopt a wait and see attitude:) its only €12 so no big deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

jmcc wrote: »
    An Post seem to be able to get some stuff through with partial addressing. It might take a bit longer but you still may get it.

Regards...jmcc

Sorry, off topic but your boards join date, May 1999! :eek::eek::eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭jmcc

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    Sorry, off topic but your boards join date, May 1999! :eek::eek::eek:
    Yep. Boards.ie was around back then. And An Post managed to deliver a letter from the US with just my name as the addressing data back in the 1990s. No postcodes back then either. :)

Regards...jmcc

• Registered Users Posts: 28,434 ✭✭✭✭looksee

I am waiting for a packet from Germany for which I have only just noticed on their(or rather paypal's) confirmation email, that my address has been included as 'looksee' Waterford, Waterford, Waterford, Ireland. Now obviously this is not what I put on the form, so what is happening to the address forms? The company is refusing to engage till they get the packet returned by the postal system, but it sure ain't my fault!

Edit, in future I think screen grabs of filled in forms would be a good idea.

It Arrived this morning 'yay' fair play to AnPost:)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭ROCKMAN

Ok I have put this up a few times
    But sums it up really ......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=By3FPhMHWMo

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 232 ✭✭JenniFurr

ROCKMAN wrote: »
    Ok I have put this up a few times
    But sums it up really ......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=By3FPhMHWMo

I used to go one further and put "ÉIRE" as if it somehow made me more patriotic.

Advertisement